iScore having trouble to Discover > log into MyStatsOnline

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
vancouver_dad

iScore having trouble to Discover > log into MyStatsOnline

Post by vancouver_dad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello,

I have succeeded to Discover > … import a game from another iScore device, but neither my iPhone 4S nor my iPad mini seem able to log into my MyStatsOnline account which I had created yesterday and in which I had created some games. Every time I try from within iScore (on either of my devices) to Discover > via the MyStatsOnline, I get stuck with my MyStatsOnline username and password failing to get through and giving me only "Invalid Username and/or Password".

I have separately checked that my Username and Password are correct because I can log in to MyStatsOnline through any web browser with my credentials.

I have tried both my MyStatsOnline "league manager account" whose user id is an email address which contains an underscore ( _ ) and I worried if that was a problem, however I then added (to one of my teams) an enabled team manager in whose username I avoided an underscore. My questions:

1. Is iScore supposed to be able to log into either MyStatsOnline account types (whether league manager or team manager)?

2. I cannot see, in MyStatsOnline, anything that needs to be done to activate a feed or otherwise allow iScore to be able to log in and Discover from within MyStatsOnline. Am I missing any required steps?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScore having trouble to Discover > log into MyStatsOnline

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:46 pm

We just tested the account they gave us to do the integration, and it is working fine, so we are not sure what the issue is. We will forward this post to the MyStatsOnline support to see if anything is required to enable access for your account.

You may also want to contact them directly at:

http://www.mystatsonline.com/ballsports ... ct_us.aspx

If you learn anything from them, please let us know, and we will post any additional info we get here as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
vancouver_dad

Post by vancouver_dad » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

MyStatsOnline has indicated that this feature is still under development (BETA).

They seem to have invited me to try to get their BETA working. So far, I have had partial success. I have since provided them some more feedback.

I will post an update when there is more to report.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:11 pm

We have gotten a response from MyStatsOnline that this is what you need to do:
Go to the iScore tab to create a MyStatsOnline iScore login when they are logged in as a League Manager in MyStatsOnline.
vancouver_dad

Post by vancouver_dad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 am

Necessary, but not sufficient.

Which is why I prefer to postpone any more posting to this BBS until I am further through this still-unsolved problem with MyStatsOnline.
vancouver_dad

Post by vancouver_dad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:43 am

I succeeded to discover and download a game that I had scheduled on MyStatsOnline, except was having problems with failure of the team names to port over (they came over blank) and were failing to map to my existing players and teams. MSO is working on it.

Meanwhile, I tried uploading to a different iScore partner named "TeamPages" to see if I could upload my game there.

TeamPages has advised me of a problem mapping my iScore team over to TeamPages and have asked me to indicate which of the following should be selected:

Name (on iScore) iScore ID
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} MYSTATS_00002bdb-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} MYSTATS_00002bdc-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Do you suspect the team names were garbled by the bug at MyStatsOnline? It is a bad idea to pick one?

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:02 am

Yes. That would look like an issue from the import from my stats and you should likely delete anything that was imported from mystatsnwhile they had issues, then re-import.
vancouver_dad

Post by vancouver_dad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:15 pm

I think iScore needs to help with an iScore server-side reset.

I deleted iScore app from my iPhone, and reinstalled it.

This should have deleted all of my data from my phone, except that I notice I am re-assigned the same customer ID as I had previously. So maybe my original purchase through the iTunes store, from which I installed to both iPad and iPhone, is checked by iScore central during the first opening of the app on my iPhone and iScore chooses to reassign it the same ID.

My problem is that despite that I had otherwise purged everything off the phone, and AVOIDED to import from iScore servers and AVOIDED to Discover from MyStatsOnline, and manually recreated my team's players, and recreated my team and leagues, and re-created the visiting team with a Quick Roster of 12 players, and created a new game on my iPhone and re-scored it, and then did an EXPORT from my iPhone up to the iScore servers, when I went back to TeamPages and tried to do a manual sync, TeamPages sent me an email alerting me to their inability to map my teams.

Here is the kicker … when TeamPages polls iScore's servers, TeamPages continues to see two teams that I expect should have been purged, along with two more … the text on their web page is between =========

========
Please select the team from your iScore device that corresponds to this one, Dunbar 2014 9/10.
Name (on iScore) iScore ID
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} MYSTATS_00002bdb-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Mark as Correct
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} MYSTATS_00002bdc-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Mark as Correct
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} B8575120-0314-4256-81E7-8BCD7B0751CB Mark as Correct
--- !ruby/object:Nokogiri::XML::Attr {} 972A997B-13B3-4F4E-96A3-997D9D92AE2E Mark as Correct
Return to iScore Token Setup
========

So my questions are …

1) could my participation in a beta with MyStatsOnline have resulted in a corrupted Export (to iScore servers) that is somehow persistent and failing to be overwritten despite that I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it and created entirely new data? Shouldn't the exported data be entirely new and entirely replace what is on the server, or is it perhaps not a true whole scale replacement?

2) do you need my customer ID and despite that you may prefer your support questions to be posted may I, for this purpose, email you my Customer ID instead of posting it?

3) even if I had succeeded to get rid of the MYSTATS teams, it appears TeamPages might have had trouble anyway to figure out which of my teams among { B8575120… and 972A997B...} was "Dunbar 2014 9/10" and which team was "South Van 9/10". Is there some other tip or trick to more-painless syncing with iScore's partners?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:39 pm

If you email us your customer ID to support@iscoresports.com, we can take a look at your data.

1. No. Doing an Options -> Export will override the data on the server with whatever is on your device.

2. If you email us, we can look at your specific data.

3. Every partner does things a bit different depending on their system. We would not expect them to work together. i.e. If you "Discover" from MyStats, we would not expect TeamPages to be able to use the MyStats data. We do not do anything to prevent it, but since they are competitors on some level, it is not likely they are going to work too hard to make their stuff work together.