Stats are wrong!

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jdonato

Stats are wrong!

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi

As stated elsewhere, I just finished scoring my first game. I emailed me the stats and, boy are they wrong!!

1. Every player in the roster appears with a "1" under Games stat. Obviously most of them did not play this game. This is very disappointing.

2. I have Plate appearances, but where is "At Bat"? Please don't make me do the manual/mental substraction....

3. One of my teams used 4 pitchers, only two of them appear in pitching stats. The other team used 6 pitchers, only ONE appears!!!

Please help!!! I do believe I did the substitutions correctly (touching the position player in the "park", not doing anything in lineup....)
I really like your app and believe in its potential, but there is something strange going on here (or maybe I don't know what I am doing?)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Stats are wrong!

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:40 am

The stats should all be fixed in the release that just came out today. Some of the pitching issues you saw were a bug in the first version of the app, and should work correctly for games going forward. Yes, the proper way to substitute a pitcher is to click the pitcher in the field, and select another person to pitch from the list.

The "Games" column should correct itself with the new version as well. A person only gets credit with a game if they either batted at least once, or were in the field for at least one play.

Plate Appearances are the number of times the batter came to the plate. We are trying to balance the stats screen between showing too much information and not enough... we want it to be visible and useful both in the iPhone view itself, and in the email. An upcoming release is going to allow exporting ALL stats to a spreadsheet where folks will be able to easily hide/show whatever columns they find useful.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Re: Stats are wrong!

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 am

Hi

I am using the latest version, so there has to be a problem somewhere. Any ideas?

Also, I don't know if I am alone in this, but I like to see PA and also "At Bats" in my stats. I understand the need to blance the iPhone screen and the amount of info, but I believe that AB are an important part of the stats I need to see quickly enough without calculating them myself.

Please let me know how to proceed with the troubleshooting of the pitchers and games issues I encountered.

Thanks for the support.