RBI credited on double play

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
tonylima

RBI credited on double play

Post by tonylima » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 am

Scoring the Arizona State -Stanford game April 18. If I read my scorebook correctly yesterday, a batter was credited with an RBI by grounding into a double play. I’ve now checked the MLB rules. No RBI should be credited. I’ll be the first to admit that I may have misread the stats. Would appreciate feedback about either the iScore scoring or my reading skills.

Thanks,
Tony
grstatdoc

Re: RBI credited on double play

Post by grstatdoc » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Hmmmm....I'm a month an a half late from your post, but having checked the box score (https://thesundevils.com/sports/basebal ... core/28046), it does not show Martinez with an RBI (the narrative for the play -- Martinez,V grounded into double play 2b to ss to 1b (0-0); Bowser,D out on the play; Robinson,C scored. -- does not show an RBI as well).
The corresponding NCAA Baseball scoring rule to the MLB rule is the Exception to Rule 10-9 ("Exception—It is not a run batted in if the batter grounds into a force double play or a reverse-force double play or when a fielder is charged with an error because he muffs a throw at first base that would have completed a force double play.")
Now, if there is an RBI dot on the iScore scorecard, then something needs to be looked into !?!