Mlb add on problems

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
sammy102374

Mlb add on problems

Post by sammy102374 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Is the add on ever going to be fixed? No pitching stats, inaccurate batting averages and now no stat updates. This is unacceptable to pay for a service that doesn't work. I want to love this but it's not possible when it doesn't work. The I Score app is good but the MLB add on is terrible.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Mlb add on problems

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2015 7:25 pm

The stats are all there. The issue is the presentation. Once you have scored a game, on an iOS device, you are only seeing the stats for the games you have scored. We will be fixing this so the daily updated stats that are imported are visible as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
sammy102374

Post by sammy102374 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am

I am not using an iOS device I am using a Kindle Fire. The MLB stats haven't been updated in two days.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

We just went to Options -> Add Ons and tapped Refresh on a Kindle Fire device. Then went to Player Manager, selected Mike Trout (just as a spot check), and viewed his batting stats. The stats match exactly what mlb.com says his stats are.

Is it possible you are not using the Refresh option on the Add Ons screen? You have to use refresh to get the updated data.

If you are using Refresh and not seeing the updated stats, please let us know a specific player that you see that is not matching mlb.com and we will take a look to see what is going on.
sammy102374

Post by sammy102374 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 pm

I double checked that I had the latest download, which I did. I then checked the Mike Trout stats and they were correct like you said. However, I then checked three different players in three different teams whose stats didn't match mlb.com. I looked at Billy Hamilton on the Reds, Freddie Freeman on the Braves and Lucas Duda from the Mets and their stats don't match. They have wrong batting averages, wrong number of hits, at-bats, stolen bases and not sure what else.
dmcglo

Post by dmcglo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

sammy102374 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 pm
I double checked that I had the latest download, which I did. I then checked the Mike Trout stats and they were correct like you said. However, I then checked three different players in three different teams whose stats didn't match mlb.com. I looked at Billy Hamilton on the Reds, Freddie Freeman on the Braves and Lucas Duda from the Mets and their stats don't match. They have wrong batting averages, wrong number of hits, at-bats, stolen bases and not sure what else.
This is 3 years latter and I have to say that something is amiss with the MLB stats. Example - Nick Ahmed from the AZ Diamondbacks - AB MLB: 216, AB on Iscore 218 - I did update the stats just before writing this so that's not an issue. It appears that the majority of you stats have this issue either to many at bats or two few causing the BA to be wrong which in turn affects other averages. HR/1B/2B etc are correct. Is there a reason for this consistent discrepancy? It is common on all MLB teams.
Stan

Post by Stan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:55 pm

I reported this back in April, unfortunately nothing has been done.

The subject was Incorrect MLB Stats -- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14196&sid=bb8e3d801 ... 8827dafe94
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:10 pm

We get our data daily from stats.com which is supposed to be one of the largest and most reliable pro sports stats aggregators out there. We do not know why the stats would not be matching other sources. We will continue trying to research the issue.
Stan

Post by Stan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Is there any chance that iScore is doing a calculation on the downloaded stats to get the AB's? One way to verify this would be to save the stats.com data in a separate file, and then compare it with what gets loaded into iScore.
sammy102374

Post by sammy102374 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 pm

The problem is sacrifice hits are counted as at-bats in the statistics that are provided. The stat provided counts sac hunts and sac flys as at-bats when they shouldn't be. They should be counted towards plate appearances not against at-bats. Also, where are the pitching stats?