Player Card - Date (responded, pending user feedback)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
JohnnyG

Player Card - Date (responded, pending user feedback)

Post by JohnnyG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm

On the player card, the games are simply identified by "Date" in the first column for the different categories like Batting-Basic, Batting-Advanced, etc. Is there anyway to use the "Game Name" (or a shortened version of the Game Name) to identify the games? Even a simple Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, etc. would be more helpful.

I believe the "Date" refers to the day data was entered into iScore for the game. However, I usually keep a record of the game on paper and then enter it into iScore at a later date. Consequently, the "Date" and the date on the "Game Name" are often different. This is confusing when trying to look at game data in different categories.

It is also impossible to know which game a player pitched if the team plays more than one game in one day (which frequently occurs in youth baseball). All you have is the "Date" but if there is more than one game with the same "Date" there is no way to know which one it is.

Any help with finding a better way to identify games on the player card or providing more options to identify games would be appreciated. Thanks!
OhioTex

Re: Player Card - Date

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 pm

the default game name is of the format <DATE> <visitor team name> at <home team name>
date of the time scorekeeper original schedule it for. but they can edit the name of the game in the game info screen , to what ever makes more sense .

on device, when looking at the Players Stats under player manager, the far right column lists a more descriptive full Name for game.

on player card, (PDF emailed) the first page of stats, the first two columns are Date and then long name of above format . they tie to all the other pages. the following pages just retain the data column, (for space reasons) as it ties back to page 1 . but i can see how it is sorta hard to follow, but the key is right there on page 1. the Date will be actual game start date too by the way. regardless what is in the name title.

i a not sure what more specifically you think can be done to improve readability. , if you have more specific ideas on how the emailed player card can be better displayed, please toss them out for consideration. . repeating the long name on each page would be waste of paper space.

the player card (PDF emailed to you) is a collection of stats, on the device or team web site, you have more flexibility to sort.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
randy21m

Re: Player Card - Date (responded, pending user feedback)

Post by randy21m » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 am

JohnnyG wrote: I believe the "Date" refers to the day data was entered into iScore for the game. However, I usually keep a record of the game on paper and then enter it into iScore at a later date. Consequently, the "Date" and the date on the "Game Name" are often different. This is confusing when trying to look at game data in different categories.
As OhioTex pointed out, you can change a lot of information. I've had to go back and score games after a game is long over, and you can edit the Title of the Game (which includes that date), the Scheduled Date, and even the Start and Stop time of the game! So for the games I scored 2 weeks after they were long over, when I look at my stats I have no idea that a game was just put in last night when it was originally scored two weeks ago.

I know that doesn't answer all of your questions, but perhaps that will help you sort your data to be more accurate.