TIP: How to Handle Not Having Line Up Before Game Starts - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FWardAZ

TIP: How to Handle Not Having Line Up Before Game Starts - FAQ

Post by FWardAZ » Fri May 12, 2017 3:23 pm

My problem is that I get no starting lineup before the game. I need to add batters for both teams as they come to the plate. Can I do this without getting out of the Play mode?
OhioTex

Re: Adding batters to the lineup after game starts

Post by OhioTex » Fri May 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Moderator note: I split this topic into its own thread and made it a sticky FAQ and added some additional context, as this is common situation, frequently asked and was posted originally to a 3 year old thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9213 which had a related but slightly different emphasis)

@ FWardAZ ...Welcome to the forum.

Short Answer:
  • From the main scoring screen, you simply use " MISC> SHOW STARTING LINE UP" to adjust starting line up as batters come to the plate without exiting the play entry screen...

Extra Context (updated)
  • In youth ball, it is common that the scorekeeper has your team roster but not game day line up to start, In those cases, a scorekeeper can guess at the line up to start and correct as you go. Simply start by making sure you have the right number of players batting (e.g. normally 9, but depends on your league/tournament, could be any number 9,10,11 etc, including batting all the roster). Then the first time through the batting order, every time a batter comes up, if not the right player on screen, you simply choose "MISC> SHOW STARTING LINE UP" and 'adjust' the line up, by moving players up/down to right batting slot or changing batting = yes/no . (Over time you start to watch the on deck circle and this becomes second nature). The key to making sure the stats and scorecard are correct, is to focus hard the first time through the line up, to make sure you have the right number of players batting and get the players in the right slot, before the line up 'turns over' to top of the order. From then on, smooth sailing.

Also common in youth leagues, is not knowing your opponents roster at all, and not getting line up till game starts (if ever). Instead of scrambling to type ever name in correct before first pitch, a more common practice in these situations, is to start the game with opposing team using "Quick Roster" and generic player names, (e.g. player 1, player 2, player 3 ...) . then as the game goes, you simply edit the generic player name and add jersey number as the players come to plate using "MISC> SHOW STARTING LINE UP " . Again the key to clean stats and scorecard is to make sure you start with the right number players batting (e.g. bat 9 or all ). You can edit the player name and jersey number any time, even post game if needed.
Lastly, May i suggest you make sure and understand the difference between editing starting line up (descried above) and making substitutions (not discussed here) because they are different. You can familiarize yourself with the differences using the training and reference manual links you will find in my signature line (below). You may also find this historical thread on the topic useful: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5073
Last edited by OhioTex on Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: split topic, made a sticky FAQ, and added some extra context and best practice tips
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1