Yardage for plays out of end zone

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
sloanzone

Yardage for plays out of end zone

Post by sloanzone » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:31 am

The only statistical update that I see as someone who would like to restat multiple games to correct issues is this - updating the app to include all yardage on plays that start in the end zone, like kickoffs, missed field goals, interception returns and fumble returns.

As soon as that happens, it looks as perfect as it can be.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Yardage for plays out of end zone

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:14 pm

We are not clear what you mean in this request. You can have a kickoff or interception that starts in the end zone and the statistics reflect that correctly.

Can you give a specific example that you have been unable to score?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
sloanzone

Post by sloanzone » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:33 pm

When I did an Arena Football game off a DVD the other night to try out the app, I had several kickoffs which went several yards into the end zone and were brought out, but the stats only gave the yards from the goal line to where the play ended, instead of where they play started to where it ended.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:50 pm

That is correct. Announcers will talk about the extra yards from deep in the end zone, but the official scorekeeper's guide says you only count the yards from the goal line. Here is a quote from the official NCAA statistician guide:
Article 2.
Returns are measured from the point where the returning player first gained or lost possession of the ball (using the back
foot as a starting point) to the point where the ball is declared dead or is lost by a fumble.

Note:
A muff is an unsuccessful attempt to catch or recover a ball that is touched in the attempt.

Exception:
On kickoffs that go over the goal line, the return is measured from the goal line to the point where the ball is declared dead
sloanzone

Post by sloanzone » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 am

That is true for college. But for NFL, CFL, Arena, etc., the professional football stat rules say you have to take the yards from the spot where the ball is received. That's how there is a 109-yard missed field goal return, a 108-yard interception return, etc., in NFL history.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 am

We will add this request to our enhancement list for future prioritization. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
sloanzone

Post by sloanzone » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 am

No problem! You have a great app here, and it is easy to use - and fun to use. Once that gets updated, I shouldn't have any trouble with my project - provided I find the time for it...
sloanzone

Post by sloanzone » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:44 pm

To admins, any idea when this will be added to the app? I'm getting ready to do my re-stat project, and would like to use this, rather than doing it by hand.

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:50 pm

We do not have a timeline, but the updates to each sport usually come closer to the season for each sport. So the next round of major football updates will probably not be until around late summer.
sloanzone

Post by sloanzone » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:19 am

Good afternoon, admins!

Is there a timeline for a new update to the app? And will the things discussed in this thread be on that update?

Thanks as always!