iScore Server Status

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScore Server Status

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:19 pm

If you have an iTunes backup you should be able to restore your data from there. If you do not have an iTunes backup, you can wait for the server restore process to complete. If you would like to import the games individually from the iScorecasts instead of waiting, that can be done as well. You can email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID and we can see what is available on our servers for that account right now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
gbpackrs

Post by gbpackrs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have an iTunes backup. I can probably wait until the server backup process is complete if that will be done fairly soon. But, how do you import games individually from the Scorecast?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Go to Options -> Data Sharing on your device, and select "Get from Web Database". When it asks for customer ID, enter "sc:XXXXXX" where you replace XXXXXX with your actual customer ID from the Options screen in iScore. For example, if your customer ID was 12345, you would enter "sc:12345" (without the quotes). For password, enter the password from the Options -> Admin Website screen in iScore. You can then import any games from the iScorecast server that are not currently on your device.

On iOS devices, there is you can also use "sync:" instead of "sc:" to pull the games from the Synchronized games server.
mikenc

Post by mikenc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

For a team website I chose to "revert to default state". I have been unable to re-create the site. For example I make a change in Settings, it applies correctly when I "test" it, but the change does not stick when I "save" it. When the restore process gets around to my team website, will it overwrite the current default state, or will the restore be skipped because I selected to revert to default? Because I am having trouble rebuilding it, I prefer to have my original site restored, do I need to request it via support, or will it be automatic?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:21 pm

When you save your settings, try clearing your cache or opening a new browser window to see those changes. You are seeing a cached style sheet.

The restore will not override anybody who has chosen to revert to default because we would not want to overwrite any changes you may have made.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am

UPDATE:

Our service provider has said the restore was complete for the second time now, only to find that they only restored a portion of the data. We are still working with them to get a full restore. As most people have noticed, services are functioning normal at this point, but some folks are still waiting on a restore to get some things like team website customizations back. If you do not want to wait, we have provided ways to get your site back up now (visit the URL of a team website and log in as Admin and you can reprovision the site without waiting).

We will continue to post updates as we get them, but do not have an answer to the question "when will everything be restored". We would have thought everything would have been fully restored days ago based on the service plan / managed backup system we had with our hosting provider, but that has not happened.

We have locked this topic so that only we will be posting status updates in the topic now. We do not want to have questions posted in here about issues you may be seeing now. Most issues anyone would see at this point are either unrelated to the server issue, or have already been commented on in this thread, so leaving it open to people asking if something is related to the server outage is only going to make it harder for people to see actual status updates.

Thank you all again for your patience.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 am

UPDATE:

Anyone with a Player Spotlight site can now reprovision if you would like in the same way baseball team website owners could do.

Our old hosting provider still says the restore is in progress, but still can not give us an ETA on when it will be completed.

We will keep posting updates as more information becomes available.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:49 am

The hosting provider has now said they have been running into issues with the restore and that it is escalated to their highest level of support. They do not have any additional information beyond that at this point.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 am

UPDATE:

We have now restored all Team Websites and League Websites. As long as you do an Export from your device, you should now have all your customizations available there.

The remaining pieces we are waiting for from the restore process are the Player Photos, Team Logos, Player Websites, and old exports of data. We do not have a timeframe for when this will be completed as we are still at the mercy of the old hosting provider in this regard, but they are actively working on it.

We are now fully moved to our new cloud hosting provider. This cloud hosting provider should give us much better reliability. If there is ever a failure, being that it is a cloud server (as opposed to a Dedicated Host like we had previously), we can instantly boot up a new instance to replace it. The backups are also more readily available to us directly instead of relying on a Managed Backup team. Some of our services had already been migrated to this new provider, and we have taken this unplanned downtime to move the rest of the services.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Player photos and Team logos have now been restored as well.

The only data that is still being recovered by the hosting provider is Player Websites and old exports.

If you have any specific questions about your data, please email us directly at support@iscoresports.com with your account information and question.