"Player card" game dates not sorting correctly Android (Android, future.feature.request)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
chris719

"Player card" game dates not sorting correctly Android (Android, future.feature.request)

Post by chris719 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi,

Recently, I noticed that some of the games in the player card are not sorting correctly. When I try to sort the games by DATE (earliest on top latest on bottom), the last 3 games that I just entered in iScore are randomly placed out of order.

Here's what showing on Jane Doe's player card after sorting the games by DATE (earliest to latest):

(the first 7 games are sorted correctly)
3/26/13
3/28/13
4/11/13 *
4/16/13 *
4/18/13 *
4/5/13
4/6/13
4/9/13

The dates marked with an * are the ones I just entered in. I don't know why these 3 games are not placed at the end. If I sort them from latest to earliest, the above list I gave will be reversed (4/9 will be the 1st game instead of 4/18 which is the most recent). I tried re-doing one of those games in question but they still appear where they are now.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: "Player card" game dates not sorting correctly

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Go to Game Manager, select the game, make sure the Scheduled and Start dates are set correctly on the Game Info screen for each game, and view the stats for the game. While viewing the stats, use the Recalc option. This will reset the dates of the stats to the dates that exist on the Game Info screen.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
chris719

Post by chris719 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Thanks for your quick response.

The scheduled and start dates are correct for those 3 games. I don't see a "Recalc" option when viewing the stats for a particular game. Instead, I undid the last play (of the 4/11 game) and re-entered it in to get the game to archive everything again. After doing this, I tried to sort the games by date in the player cards but it's exactly the same as before. All game dates in the player cards are accurate and for some reason the last 3 games that I mentioned in my previous post still don't sort correctly by date. However, I can sort by hits, ab, avg, obp, etc with no issues.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 pm

If you are using Android, the Recalc is available by tapping the Menu button on your Android device.
chris719

Re: "Player card" game dates not sorting correctly (awaiting support)

Post by chris719 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks for the tip. I tried recalcuating the stats for the game but with no change. However, I did notice a pattern as to why the games are sorting incorrectly. The games played on 4/5, 4/6, 4/9 seemed to be grouped together since the day of the month is a single digit number. All other games happened to be played when the day of the month was a double digit number (eg. 3/26, 3/28) which explains why it skips from 3/28 to 4/11 in the player card.

This was driving me nuts. At least I know that the cause is not user error.

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!
jfretless

Re: "Player card" game dates not sorting correctly (open pending support)

Post by jfretless » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 am

The issue is the missing leading zero in the "day" part of the listed date.

4/19/2013 is listed before 4/5/2013 because five is larger than the "1" in 19.

Dates should be listed with the leading zero. 4/05/2013. That will fix the sorting issue.

John
chris719

Post by chris719 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:37 pm

When I view the 4/5/13 game and try to set the scheduled, start, and end dates as Apr 05 2013 (it was set before as Apr 5 2013), it omits the leading zero automatically (eg. 4/5/13). I haven't figured out a way to get iScore to keep the leading zero. However, I can add it to the date in the title and the game manager reflects the change. Also, the start/end dates in the game manager show the leading zeros but that format is not reflected in the player cards.

Any ideas on how change the date to 4/05/13?

Thanks for your help!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 05, 2013 7:06 pm

There is no way to add a leading 0 to the date. We will look into this sorting issue for a future update to iScore.
LBWood

Post by LBWood » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:20 pm

I find this annoying too. Is there any progress on fixing the date sorting issue (what it's doing is sorting a text string rather than a date code), or a workaround?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:13 pm

This was already addressed on iOS devices when the sort order was changed to listing newest games first.