Rundown double play

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mjacton

Rundown double play

Post by mjacton » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Eventually scored this a 1-6-2-5-2 Double Play at Home and Force Out at Second but the Put Outs and Assists I had to assign correctly on my own. So, I would like to know if there was a way I could have done it and had iScore accumulate stats correctly.

Runners on First and Third, nobody out.

Ground ball back to pitcher. Pitcher throws to shortstop who forces runner at second. Runner at third breaks home...shortstop throws home catching runner in rundown, catcher-third base-catcher, who tags runner out. The batter made second on the play, but that's inconsequential, I think.

I tried a few different ways, including 1-6, then 6-2-5-2 when it asked me the DP sequence and also what I mentioned above. I also tried placing the Double Play at second and also tried it at home. Nothing worked exactly right.

How should I have done this?
ScottG33

Re: Rundown double play

Post by ScottG33 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

I loaded a simulated game in iScore and the only thing that seemed to work out was:

BATTER: In-Play Fielders Choice, Groundball to pitcher (next), 1-6 (Done)
Runner at 3rd: Out, Tagged Out, 6-2-5-2 (Done)
Runner at 1st: Out, Force Out

Not sure if most accurate, but that seemed to record the sequences. When choosing Double Play for the runner at 3rd, it never asks for the sequences of events on the throws. It only allowed when choosing tagged out (which is what happened).

I curious what others say.

Scott
mjacton

Post by mjacton » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the response. I'll remember to try this if it ever happens again. I was scoring a Major League game retroactively at the time.
mjacton

Post by mjacton » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh...and, yes, I did forget to mention that obviously I hit Fielder's Choice for the batter reaching base safely. I guess I assumed that was a given.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 am

unusual double plays are hard to get 'perfectly' correct at times in terms of PO and assists. and GDP batter statistic.

routine double pays are best done with 'quick plays' (swipe out on scoring screen)

I tied a couple ways an could not get it all square so i think manually editing is the best solve (FTM or another moderator may want to jump in with a solve)

in the end, you want batter to dinged for hitting into a double play (GDP) and the fielders participation in DP plus Assist for pitcher and Put out for SS and assist for short stop and third basemen and PO for catcher.

I tried a couple three scenarios and did not get the device t credit them all.

When i am scoreing plays I make a note real time and review and correct this type of oddity later.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
grstatdoc

Post by grstatdoc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:57 pm

OhioTex wrote:unusual double plays are hard to get 'perfectly' correct at times in terms of PO and assists. and GDP batter statistic.

routine double pays are best done with 'quick plays' (swipe out on scoring screen)

I tied a couple ways an could not get it all square so i think manually editing is the best solve (FTM or another moderator may want to jump in with a solve)

in the end, you want batter to dinged for hitting into a double play (GDP) and the fielders participation in DP plus Assist for pitcher and Put out for SS and assist for short stop and third basemen and PO for catcher.

I tried a couple three scenarios and did not get the device t credit them all.

When i am scoreing plays I make a note real time and review and correct this type of oddity later.
Actually, this would not be a grounded into a double play, since the runner on third never was forced to advance (and the force out of R1 1-6 did not affect R3's status)
mjacton

Post by mjacton » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

That's a valid point about the GDP if that is in fact correct. As far as I can tell any time there's a ground ball out that ends in a double play, iScore seems to add GDP to the batter's statistics, regardless of whether, as you say the runner was forced.

This may be something you should add under the Enhancements topic? I'll leave you to decide.