Android 2.0 Version?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
GOGYROSWIN

Android 2.0 Version?

Post by GOGYROSWIN » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:03 am

You had to know this was coming today... ;)

With more phones going to Googles Android are you looking into porting iScore Baseball/Basketball over to it?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Android 2.0 Version?

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 am

Our current plan is to only support the iPhone / iPod Touch, but we may look to support Android / Palm Pre / Blackberry in the future... we get requests for all of them, but just not as many as for the iPhone.
GOGYROSWIN

Post by GOGYROSWIN » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am

I am a iPod Touch user that loves and recommends your software! I don't even own any Android devices...yet. However, don't sell Android short. Maybe this will help it along a bit...

From Pandora's CTO Tom Conrad...

"Just saw Pandora's Android install numbers for the day. Wow! There may not be lines, but Droids are very much among us and running Pandora".

Then he added later...after Pandora's download rate tripled "We were doing well on Android before though, so the increase is pretty amazing."

I think this is in a different league than say RIM or Windows Mobile as Android will be supported and updated by Google.

FTM can be easily be the star of the Android software community. Go for it!
GOGYROSWIN

Post by GOGYROSWIN » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

...and another quote to get FTM going on Android via eWeek:

"One of the major reasons why the iPhone is so successful can be attributed to its applications. With other 100,000 applications in the App Store, it's leading the way in third-party software. But Google's Android platform is second. It might only have a fraction of the apps Apple's platform does, but the list is growing. And as more consumers start picking up Android-based devices, you can bet that mobile developers will migrate to Android with them. Expect far more apps in the Android Market sooner rather than later."

Again, I do not even own an Android phone. I just don't want FTM to be so tied in to Apple that they miss an early opportunity to get into another major revenue stream.

I promise that this will be the last comment on this topic. :)

Back to being an advocate for iScore/FTM!
docdnoel

Post by docdnoel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Since I will never buy an iPhone as long as ATT is in the picture, I vote 100% blue state and red state for the program in Android. Come on, now.. help a brother out.... Android... a home run.
DroidUser

Post by DroidUser » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:17 am

Your app looks sweet, can't believe no one has created one for Android.....please do before someone else does!
jamieharrison14

Post by jamieharrison14 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 pm

DroidUser wrote:Your app looks sweet, can't believe no one has created one for Android.....please do before someone else does!
There really is a huge difference in iphone/ipod touch vs. droid - here is some concrete reasons that FTM is on the right page right now (the market is just too small now and it DOES cost money to develop):
http://gigaom.com/2009/08/27/how-big-is ... prise-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DroidUser

Post by DroidUser » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:40 pm

jamieharrison14 wrote:
DroidUser wrote:Your app looks sweet, can't believe no one has created one for Android.....please do before someone else does!
There really is a huge difference in iphone/ipod touch vs. droid - here is some concrete reasons that FTM is on the right page right now (the market is just too small now and it DOES cost money to develop):
http://gigaom.com/2009/08/27/how-big-is ... prise-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hear you.....I agree FTM got the app right, which is why I would love to see them develop an Android version as well.....they can take advantage of it, or miss it....I'm willing to spend the money and it will be with FTM (preferred right now) or it will be someone else (spring ball is coming quick!). I just want to keep score of the kids games....Not knocking Apple or iPhone... :-)

Other developers do see $$ in Android future....I hope FTM does too....
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/21/20 ... ney-maker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twktwk

Post by twktwk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:35 pm

I use my wife's iPhone to score the game with iScore and my Droid Eris to read the play-by-play on MLB's Gameday. Note I am also watching local broadcast of the game (Go Phillies)! Geek yes, but I don't miss a thing and can still socialize with my buds. This app is awesome for Major League baseball. I love the scoresheet feature and e-mail it to my buddy at work. It makes for great talking points come Monday moring.

FTM, don't miss the boat and get on the Android band wagon. If you do, then I will score the game on my Driod and read the play-by-play on my wife's iPhone.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying iScore. At his point, if we do make a version for another platform, Android would likely be the one we make it for.