CSV Import File Layout to include all Player Profile Fields?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
fbltad

CSV Import File Layout to include all Player Profile Fields?

Post by fbltad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 am

Hi All -

Does anyone know the correct CSV file layout for importing player information that includes all the iPad player profile fields: First, Last, Bats, Throws, Email, Phone, DOB, Height, Weight, Male/Female, Notes?

I also want to import "Leagues" for each player so that I don't have to manually update each player every year. Is there a way to batch export all players to a CSV file, update the players needing updating, and then batch import the same listing as an "Update", not an "Add".

Thanks in advance for the help,

Lauren
mprusak

Re: CSV Import File Layout to include all Player Profile Fields?

Post by mprusak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 am

I dont believe all these fields exist for batch load. Just the following (info from the admin screen):
Put as many rows of players as you want in the following format:

FirstName LastName Jersey# Position Batting Bats Throws

Only FirstName and LastName are required.
The others are in the order most people have data for.
Position can either be the position # (1 = Pitcher, 2= Catcher, etc) or abbreviation for the position (1B = First Base, LF = Left Field, etc).
Batting can be: Y = Yes, N = No, D = DP, F = Flex.
Bats and Throws can be: R = Right, L = Left, B = Both

For example:

Joe Smith 5 2b y r r
John Doe 8 rf n l r

This would add:

#5 Joe Smith as a second baseman in the batting lineup who bats right handed and throws right handed, and #8 John Doe as a right fielder not in the batting lineup who bats left handed and throws right handed.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!