Help! Lost Data

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
glen.holmes

Help! Lost Data

Post by glen.holmes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 am

I am in the middle of scoring our last game off the video and had to walk away for a few minutes. Came back and the iPad2 had gone to sleep. It wouldn't come back on by pressing the "on" button so I pressed the top "on" button and the main button near the bottom of the front simultaneously (just like everytime that happens). When I went back into iScore Basketball I had no games (should be 28), no teams, no players, etc.

Help! We have our team banquet next week and I need to get all of the stats compiled for our book.

Customer #1306D0A878 Tesoro High School

Glen
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Help! Lost Data

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am

We will need you to do an Options -> Export from your device so we can look at your data. Your last export was on 2/22. After doing the export, please email us at support@iscoresports.com with these same details and we can help you with your specific issue / data.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Was there a resolution to this issue? I had the same thing happen to me tonight. At halftime I have been in the habit to reboot the iPad to make things run quicker/smoother. I did not exit the game I just went to reboot. When I went back into iScore all of the games, teams and leagues were gone. Additionally the create admin website is set as if I had not done that once before. It is as if it is a complete wipe of all data. It is a new ipad that I have imported all games from my last ipad but I have several games I would like to retrieve and I don't recall if I exported on Friday 11/9/12.

I have not exported as I assume the wiped data will override the previously exported data?
3C00FDE058

thanks,
Dan
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

I have IOS 6.0.1, iScore basketball 2.94
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm

You last exported on 11/9/2012 @ 19:10:10.

If you want to export again, we can check your database. Or you can do an Import to retrieve the data that was exported on 11/9/2012.

Rebooting without exiting is dangerous because doing a force reboot can exit while iScore is in the middle of writing to the database (whereas exiting and then doing the reboot ensures that nothing is being written by iScore).

fyi... we will be submitting an update to basketball in the next few days that will attempt to address the slowdown introduced by apple with iOS 6.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 am

Ok, I think I will just import from 11/9/12 as we have a game tonight. I will exit from now on and hopefully it won't be an issue again.

Regarding the lag, it is subtle not extended. I will try to close the other apps and see what happens.

As always, thank you the quick response.