Team Name Issue

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
chriskarate

Team Name Issue

Post by chriskarate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 pm

My iscorecast was not working because there was an ' symbol in one of the team names so I had to change a team name to remove the ' symbol which worked but the problem was the team name display for all the games tracked for that team did not update so I still can't get the games to work on scorecast. Can you please fix so that if a team name is changed is also updates that name display for all the games that team is selected on?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Team Name Issue

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:01 pm

We intentionally leave the team name of each game as an independent entry field. Team names change over time. You can edit the team name for a particular game by going to Game Manager, selecting the game, and scrolling down to the home and visiting team, and editing as you would like.

As an example, the Angels used to be the "Anaheim Angels", then changed to the "Los Angeles Angels". You would not want past games to change to the "Los Angeles Angels". There are many variations on this in youth ball where a team changes names from year to year but you maintain the same roster. You would not want the previous games for the team to change the name of the team.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
chriskarate

Re: Team Name Issue

Post by chriskarate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I can't edit team name or select different team in Game Manager because the games are already played and scored. I need a way to update the team name on previously played games to remove the ' symbol so iscorecast will work on them.