Indicate players currently on court in Play by Play

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
TGW

Indicate players currently on court in Play by Play

Post by TGW » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi,

Have used iScore Basketball to track a couple of games for the league my teams currently involved in. This is a great tool to keep track of statistics for the team. Managed to use it with ease after one game.

From the analysis of the statistics after the game, there's 2 features which I would really like to see.

1. Names of players on court and names of players substituted in and out of the game to be added to Play by Play.

From what I have seen so far, Play by Play only indicates Game Starts, and Substitution.
There's no extra information of the players in the game at the start of each period, as well as which players are substituted in/out during the game.

This information is useful to find out which combination of players works or don't.

2. Export/ Email Play by Play statistics.

Saw another thread on this as well. Although we are able to copy the information to add by email, however there's a limit to the amount of details that can be highlighted to be copied at a time. For a 4 quarter game, I probably had to do this 3 times at least to email all the statistics for the game.

Only able to retrieve the game summary with the shot chart alone is insufficient to fully analyze the game.

It'll be wonderful to have these enhancements to an already great app. ;)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Indicate players currently on court in Play by Play

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:21 am

For #1, if you are trying to "find out which combination of players works or don't", you can email yourself the stats for the game, and we show "combination reports" where you can see how each group of players did while on the court.

For #2, we are a bit confused since you refer to play by play and statistics both. The statistics can be fully emailed for the game. Are you asking for the ability to email play by play data? If that is the case, you can always view the iScorecast for a game to see all the individual plays.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:45 pm

I think the ability to show who was substituted in the play-by-play would be a fabulous idea. I too hate how it just says substitution but you don't really know what players went in/out. Also, I have yet to get scorecast to work and failed to get assistance from support on this as posted in a different thread so yes, the ability to email the play-by-play would also be an amazing addition to the product.
TGW

Post by TGW » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.

#1:
I understand that you have the combination reports. That is great too for the whole game collectively.

What we want to specifically look at in detail would be who were in the game at various points of the game. Especially so when I'm tracking which are the players that were in when the team made a good run, or after substituting which players in they have allowed the opponents to make the run.

I have used FIBA live score on a notebook to track the statistics previously. In their play by play, they showed all the starting players, as well as the players which were substituted in, which were the players substituted out.
As FIBA live score only be used on a Windows OS, it's cumbersome to be carrying the notebook around. Was great to see similar apps available to iPad.
Hoping this item could be enhanced in your app.

#2:
Meant to be able to email / export Play by Play information.

As I've mentioned, on an iPad there's a limit to how much information that can be highlighted and copied. If Play by Play information could be either exported as PDF or emailed, that would be great.
TGW

Post by TGW » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks chriskarate for having the same views with regards to the 2 issues mentioned!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 pm

@chriskarate - if you are having issues with iScorecast, please email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID and details of the game you are having trouble with.

@TGW - It sounded like you wanted us to show all 10 players on the court for every play. If you are just saying you want the substitution to show the actual players at the time of the substitution, we can add that to our enhancement list.

The iScorecast can actually be used for both of your requests if you view the iScorecast from a computer. You can see who is in the game on every play of the game, and you can also copy/paste the entire play by play from the iScorecast and email it.
TGW

Post by TGW » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 pm

An option could be:

Period 1
Starters
Home team name: #4, #5, #6, #7, #8
Away team name: #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Followed by the play by play information, when a substitution occurs

Home: #10 substituted in
Home: #5 substituted out

and so forth.

Period 2
Starters
Home team name: #4, #7, #8, #10, #13
Away team name: #6, #8, #9, #11, #15

-1: From the start of the period, the 5 players from each teams are clearly indicated. Whenever the substitution occurs, we can see who's in, who's out. We'll be able to figure out which are the 5 players on court at any point of the game.

-2: It'll be good if the periods could be separated. Currently from what I see, there's is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in play by play. Click on 2nd, 3rd, 4th only brings to the respective starts of the periods. However, if I started on 1st, as I scroll along, I will still go through all the plays information till the end of the game. This makes the 2nd, 3rd, 4th button quite redundant.

As for the iScorecast, is this the auto replay of the plays that had occurred with the 3D image of the court? The plays that I see from there will also be the same as what appears from iScore, there's no indication of who's in the game on every play of the game as what you have mentioned.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:43 am

On the iScorecast, every substitution shows all the players that are in the game for both Home + Visitor.
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 am

Substitutions in play by play should be like the NBA does it:

%TEAM NAME% - Player A #14 substituted by Player B #22. Player C #11 substituted by Player D #6.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 pm

In youth ball it is not as official as NBA. You do not know who is coming in for who. Often times 3 new players will come into the game and you do not know whose place they are taking. That is why we show the 5 players on the court for each team after each substitution in the iScorecast.