Defensive Analysis

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
OhioTex

Re: Defensive Analysis

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 pm

@egghead ... If not already aware.. The program will provide a position played grid for each game at end of the play by Play.. You can also generate a player card and email yourself that will show how many innings a player played by position and started,

The defense stats by position, I suspect is a long way away
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 pm

OhioTex wrote:The defense stats by position, I suspect is a long way away
but I will +1 for it anyway, too, since autogenerating "per position" stats is something I would like to see, too
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 pm

+1 - Defensive innings played is a def must have!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Keep in mind that emailing the player card shows Innings played by position - this has been in iScore for quite some time now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

It would be nice to see this put into the table with the rest of the defensive stats, so it could be viewed collectively with the rest of the team. Or perhaps its own table:

____________________________________|_________________________Innings by Position
Player Name____| G | Total Innings Played |__P__|__C__|__1B__|__2B__|__3B__|__SS__|__LF__|__CF__|__RF__|
Player 1________| 22 |_____115________|__75__|__0__|__11__|__0__|__19___|___0__|___0__|___0___|__0__|
Player 2________| 20 |______90________|___0__|__0__|___0__|__0__|___0___|___0__|__75__|__15___|__0__|
Player 3________| 25 |_____170________|___0__|_150_|__20__|__0__|___0___|___0__|__75__|__15___|__0__|
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:04 am

This table does not show all the information provided in the player card. Have you looked at the emailed player card? It shows Starts, Innings Appeared, and Games Appeared at each position.
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:47 am

Yes I have. The player card is great for the game by game breakdown.

While my example isn't perfect - my point is that I want to pull up the list of the players on my team and see everything that is listed in "Positions Played" all in one table, instead of having to look up each individual player card.

Player 1 - positions played (Starts @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Games appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Innings appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF)
Player 2 - positions played (Starts @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Games appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Innings appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF)
Player 3 - positions played (Starts @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Games appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF | Innings appeared @ P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF)
etc
etc
etc
On down thru for the entire team.

Looking for the same information provided at the top of the Player Card - just in a screen that shows the entire team (and without the game by game breakdown). :-)

Ideally, this would be located within the "Team Stats" screen.
elcray

Post by elcray » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm working on that same goal. I don't have it all combined yet, but via the API and several T-SQL queries, I'm able to calculate the number of innings each player fills a position. Through my data importer, I have a table that includes a record for each pitch in each game. This table includes the player ID's for all 9 positions (baseball). My query calculates how many pitches were in each inning, then is divided the sum of the pitches for each player in each position in each inning. So if "Player A" fielded First Base for 10 pitches and there were 20 pitches in a given inning, he will get credit for 0.5 innings that inning.

Here is an example of the results (with player and team information blacked out). My hope is to also include errors, passed balls, and putouts for each position as well:
elcray

Post by elcray » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm

And, yes, I know I spelled pitcher wrong. It's one of those coding things that I have yet to go back and fix.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Nice report... looks like you are very fortunate to have a lot of pitchers on your team.