Switch hitter

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
mprusak

Re: Switch hitter

Post by mprusak » Sun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm

No.

Drag the batter to other side.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 am

Problem is dragging the batter icon doesnt make a permanent change, just that at bat. So, changing in the lineup might make more sense (if lefty or righty)...but for switch hitters, dragging to the appropriate side makes sense.

I assume this feature exists on android, but I use iOS...
Mark

oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:06 am

I feel so stupid - never thought of something so simple as dragging the batter to other side.

extension questions:
- can I do anything to change past at-bats so I can correct the ones from when I didn't know what to do?

- can I get batting stats according to which side of the plate the at-bat was on? trying to evaluate several potential slappers and want to track their lefty performance separate from righty
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 am

P.S. I have not purchased a Team Site yet - holding off until I can find out if some of the advanced stats I'd like to - like lefty vs. righty averages - are available.

Related question now that I think of it: my DD is on two teams - her travel team and her MS team - and her Player Card currently shows combined stats for both (which I like), but I'd like to see her cummulative stats in lefty vs. righty versions. Would purchasing a "Player Site" help with that?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 am

You can edit the side of the plate a batter was on by going to Pitch by Pitch and tapping the pitch to change the side of the plate.

We do not have averages from each side of the plate.

If you are using the iPad version of iScore, there is an add on from TruMedia Networks that will give you lefty/righty splits.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:13 pm

another aspect of the program i never knew existed.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 am

oconnor.jb wrote:
Related question now that I think of it: my DD is on two teams - her travel team and her MS team - and her Player Card currently shows combined stats for both (which I like), but I'd like to see her cummulative stats in lefty vs. righty versions. Would purchasing a "Player Site" help with that?

don;t forget You can use leagues to combine and/or split stats by groups as you choose... MS and/or Travel as you like
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 am

FTMSupport wrote:You can edit the side of the plate a batter was on by going to Pitch by Pitch and tapping the pitch to change the side of the plate.
Is there an easy way to get to Pitch by Pitch while the game is in progress? When there is something I need to change, it's usually best if I go ahead and change it right away, otherwise I tend to forget.

I just tried this for last night's game. When I click on the first pitch of the at bat, I get three items:
Substitution NONE [Edit]
Strike 1 Called. [Edit]
Note: RH [Edit] (a note I added myself)
If I click on each of the Edit buttons, none of them shows me a "side of the plate" option that I can change.
If I click on other pitches, I might get different choices of what to [Edit], but still never get anything that includes a "side of the plate" option to change.
OhioTex wrote:don;t forget You can use leagues to combine and/or split stats by groups as you choose... MS and/or Travel as you like
Good reminder, and I have since risen to "Ninja" level when it comes to leagues. Very handy feature.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am

oconnor.jb wrote: Is there an easy way to get to Pitch by Pitch while the game is in progress? When there is something I need to change, it's usually best if I go ahead and change it right away, otherwise I tend to forget.
On ipad, its below the pitch chart, which is below the options you listed, in the pitch-by-pitch edit screen.

Mark

oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 am

Sorry, forgot to include that I'm scoring on an Android phone (have been trying to add that info as a signature, so I won't forget to give it when relevant, but my signature changes aren't saving when I submit).

I see the first three things shown in your picture, and just blank space below them. I'm not recording pitch locations yet, if that makes a difference (although, I think I may have the pitch recording option turned on).