Run down plays

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
the_eck

Run down plays

Post by the_eck » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 pm

How do i score this play. Runner at first and runner at third, two outs. Pitcher picks off to first and runner at first gets caught in a run down play attempting to steal second. The runner makes the defense chase him several times up and down the line, in the meantime the runner at third breaks for the plate, crossing it before the runner in the run down play is tagged out to end the inning. The run scores but I've been trying to input this into the Iscore and i cant get it right. Nothing i do allows the run to score, it just records the the final out and jumps to the next inning. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, i just cant figure out what that might be.
Any help would be great. :D
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Run down plays

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Tap the runner at third, and tap Safe, Home, and either Stolen Base. When it asks what happens to the runner on first, tap Held Up. Then tap the runner on first and enter Out, Second, Caught Stealing, and enter the "touches".
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

You didnt say how you did it, but I just tried this and it works, but with an interesting delay.

Tap runner at third -> home, safe, stolen base. What happened to runner at first? Out, second, caught stealing 1-3-6.

Inning over.

This is the interesting part. Score at very top shows 1-0, but the inning scores just below show 0-0. However as soon as you record 1 pitch in the next half inning that run shows up there too.

It does work though.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
grstatdoc

Post by grstatdoc » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 am

mprusak wrote:You didnt say how you did it, but I just tried this and it works, but with an interesting delay.

Tap runner at third -> home, safe, stolen base. What happened to runner at first? Out, second, caught stealing 1-3-6.

Inning over.

This is the interesting part. Score at very top shows 1-0, but the inning scores just below show 0-0. However as soon as you record 1 pitch in the next half inning that run shows up there too.

It does work though.
Actually the runner from third should be shown as advancing on the throw (no SB credited, as it was during the run down)