More website access to roster pictures

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jmiller42

More website access to roster pictures

Post by jmiller42 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 am

I am a first year user so please forgive me if this has been covered. On the website I have my roster set so you need a password to view it, because each game is different and some players don't have permanent positions. I don't want my players going on there and seeing that Johnny has his position locked down and he is seen as a bench warmer. I do want the boys to be able to see their roster pics however.

So what I would like to propose, and I think this would be the easiest fix, is to allow roster pics to either show up as thumbnails on the stats page next to the player, and/or a big pic on his individual stat page when he clicks on his individual name within the stats list. Hopefully this could be an easy enhancement.
jmiller42

Re: More website access to roster pictures

Post by jmiller42 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am

As a side note, I was playing around with roster photos, and uploaded a random photo for one of my players to see how it works, but now I cannot figure out how to delete the picture from the roster. I can click on the picture and change it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to completely stop assigning a picture to a player. Any help?
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am

You could load the roster pics into the photos part of the website. I have used a picasa web albums and copy/paste the url into the iScore photo page.
jmiller42

Post by jmiller42 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks danmcc

The only problem I have with that, is that I would want to make it easier for fans to identify who was who. I guess I could photoshop each picture to include the players name, but I think it would be much nicer if you could see the player right next to his/her stat page. JMO, but I will probably do what you suggest if no other options become available.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:23 pm

There are two additional options... the position shown is the position from the Team Roster. You can edit your team roster and set all the players to have no position. Or, you can edit the team roster, and just set every player to have a position. It is OK on the Roster to have multiple players with the same positions assigned. At game time, just update the lineup to only have the correct players be position players.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
team mom

Post by team mom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I use player notes to list all positions a player plays. i.e. P/1B/OF The notes show up on the website.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
mike_esc

Post by mike_esc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

Where do you get the option to put notes on the roster page. On the webite I do see notes but it will not let me select it. I would like to put several postions on there or put like Class of 2010.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:33 am

You can edit notes for players by logging in to the Admin Website. Go to Options -> Admin Website on your device to see the information for doing that. It is basically this:

1. Do an Options -> Export to send your current data to the server
2. Log in to the Admin Website
3. Edit the roster and add any notes you want to players
4. Do an Options -> Import to bring the updates back to your device

The notes you add in step 3 will appear on the Team Roster on your website.
mike_esc

Post by mike_esc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am

I am sorry, but when I do that it does not let me put any notes on players. I tried that. I must be doing something wrong.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Log in to the Admin Website (not the BETA version), click Teams, select the Roster icon (looks like a newspaper) next to the team with the player you want to add a note to, click the Edit button next to that player (looks like a pencil and paper), and you can edit the notes for the player.