windows version ?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
brian_oshea

Re: windows version ?

Post by brian_oshea » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Many people have laptops which are just as portable as a tablet and it would eliminate the necesity to purchase an expensive tablet.
johnchaney

Post by johnchaney » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

Totally understand. We have to spent time working for our paying customers. That's what keeps us in business and profitable.

Since the comment was made about iScore not being tablet-optimized for Android, is there an Android that would allow me to use the product full screen? Do I need to look at the OS version to determine what I would get? Obviuosly, it would be useless to buy an Android just to have the software be too small to enter data. That would be no different than my iPhone.

How difficult would it be to tablet-optimize iScore?

I have a friend with an ASUS Transformer. I'll have him try out iScore to see how well it works.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:46 am

iScore works perfectly fine on any Android device that has the Android Marketplace on it. It runs full screen on every Android device. It is never too small to enter data. When we refer to a "tablet optimized" version, we are referring to showing additional information on the Android tablets like we do with the iPad version. People are getting very focused on the comparison to iPad, but the truth is the Android version runs quite well on Android tablets as is.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
james3rd59

Post by james3rd59 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 am

With the introduction of the Microsoft Surface do you think that a Windows based version would now be forthcoming?

I currently use the iPad 2 and am perfectly satisfied with it, but a windows based pad would help me get around some of the issues I have with the iPad and using it for my work side, as in applications that only work in Windows, and not really well on the iPad.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 am

As far as we can tell, the Surface is not even going to be available until late 2012 / early 2013. We do not have plans to be first adopters. If the Surface gains any traction and makes a dent in the iOS / Android juggernauts, then we may consider creating iScore for that device.
IntentionalWalk

Post by IntentionalWalk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 pm

I'd like to put in a bump for iScore for Surface!
Eddie38

Re: SURFACE TABLET

Post by Eddie38 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 am

The reason that the market is dominated by ipad for iscore is BECAUSE it it only truly optimized for ipad. I would LOVE to use it with my Windows SURFACE tablet. I am sure many others would as well. Even if the developers would tinker with it and EVENTUALLY come up with the windows touch only version --- there are MANY that would purchase it. Many that would use it.

I am completely disappointed with the Apple sales model that has killed the iPad 1 --- not allowing the op system to revert to ios4 so that it doesn't crash. They intentionally have made what I feel is a horrible business decision (in terms of customer satisfaction, not in terms on bottom line) in disappointed those, like myself, who made the first foray into apple with the original ipad --- I loved it but really don't want to ever again buy an Apple device because a perfectly good working device is all but worthless not even allowing me to export my iscore stats to the website I purchased because the op system uses all of the memory. I also am disappointed that iscore's latest update won't allow for data sharing without the higher operating system. Again, I would like the ability to retro back to a slightly older version of iscore. Is this possible?

BUT PLEASE make a version available for surface or windows touch devices. IT WOULD BE PURCHASED. You keep saying "if there is demand" --- well, there is. You just are unaware because those with windows devices do not have the option to try iscore so why would they demand it? They don't know how great it is. Those of us with multiple platforms DO! And we really would like the option to get away from apple and android tablets and use the power of a full computer (SURFACE) and what it can do with iscore. The possibilities here I would think would be crazy insane.

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:52 pm

With data sharing, we came up with a way for it to work on older iOS devices when using Web data sharing.

For Bluetooth data sharing, older iOS devices can share with other older iOS devices (pre iOS7), and newer devices (iOS7+) can share with iOS7+ devices via bluetooth. This is an Apple issue (the older iOS does not support Apple's new Bluetooth APIs, and the older APIs have been deprecated on newer iOS versions).

The demand is not just demand for iScore, but also demand for the devices. With Windows devices still having low single digit market share, it is hard for us to justify spending resources on it when > 90% of users are either Apple or Android. We have to assume the demand level of owners of the devices is going to be the same from one platform to the next, so the overall demand is going to depend on the market share of the actual devices. If demand for Windows devices starts going up / reaches a viable level, we will consider creating an iScore version for that platform.
KCunningham

Post by KCunningham » Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 am

I just purchased a Microsoft Surface 3. Is there any additional movement for a Windows version of Iscore? This would solve so many problems. Nearly every facility we play at has a computer already in the pressbox, running Windows. Now the Surface is available, and is a great platform. Hopefully you will create a Windows version.
niteowlosu

Post by niteowlosu » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:35 am

It is disappointing that it sounds like there won't be any Windows version anytime soon. I understand the position of low market share, but with the proliferation of tablets now, even low market share would be tens of thousands of users, if not more wanting and willing to pay $10 each. As others have indicated, there simply is no other viable options for scoring on a Windows tablet.