Making changes after game is over

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
markbrandenburg

Making changes after game is over

Post by markbrandenburg » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:18 pm

I tried to make some changes after the game was over going through the pitch-by-pitch as I have read about but I was unable to make some specific changes. For example, I could not change a base hit to an out (or any "safe" play to an "out" play). In addition, I could not add a stolen base. Is it not possible to do this? If so, why not? If we can make some changes, why shouldn't we be able to make any change?

Thank you,
Mark Brandenburg
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Making changes after game is over

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:13 pm

You can change the way players made it to a base, but you can not change the base they made it to. You also can not change a "safe" play to an "out" play or vice versa as you would then wind up with 4 outs (or 2 if going in reverse) for the inning. We allow changes that don't change the final outcome of the play. For example, you can change a single to an error or a Fielder's Choice, but changing it to an out could have far reaching issues (e.g. if you originally had the player as safe and he went on to score a run, and then you changed it to an out, what would happen to the run scored? what would happen to the original third out that was entered for that inning? etc...)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
markbrandenburg

Post by markbrandenburg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, I can see how that would change everything in the later innings and would be near impossible to keep up with. Luckily we keep the game the old-fashioned way as well so I could re-score the game.
AE32170C18

Post by AE32170C18 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 am

How do you add/change to an error?
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 am

From the game info screen tap pitch by pitch. Tap on the inning the play occurred, tap on the play, make your changes.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:36 pm

electronic scoreing is great, but the reality is it requires discipline and focus when scoring to make it precise and some mistakes can't be fixed after the fact. the end result however is much more complete and robust end product than when done by hand
Mark Klopfenstein

Post by Mark Klopfenstein » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 am

The play involved a fly ball to left field that was not caught, and the batter reached second base. I initially scored it as an error on the left fielder and showed the batter reaching second base on the play. After the game, I concluded that it should be scored as a double. I went to Pitch By Pitch to edit the play. In the edit screen, I was not provided the option to score this as "Hit Double". "Hit Single" was only "hit" option provided. I am not trying to change the result that the batter reached second play on the play, only the manner in which he reached second base. This seems to be a glaring omission that there is not a "Hit Double" option in this circumstance. Am I missing something?
Mark Klopfenstein

Post by Mark Klopfenstein » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 am

I also had tired to do a post-game edit where I originally failed to record a substitution for a pinch hitter. On the first pitch, the pinch hitter grounded out to the first baseman. After the game, I went to Pitch By Pitch and edited in a substitution at the beginning of the relevant plate appearance to reflect the pinch hitter. The program automatically updated the screen to show the pinch hitter grounding out to the first baseman. The problem is that the game stats credit the wrong player for this at bat: the pinch hitter does not get the at bat, but rather the removed player is credited. I tried the Recalc function with no success. Am I missing something here?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 am

Mark Klopfenstein wrote:The play involved a fly ball to left field that was not caught, and the batter reached second base. I initially scored it as an error on the left fielder and showed the batter reaching second base on the play. After the game, I concluded that it should be scored as a double. I went to Pitch By Pitch to edit the play. In the edit screen, I was not provided the option to score this as "Hit Double". "Hit Single" was only "hit" option provided. I am not trying to change the result that the batter reached second play on the play, only the manner in which he reached second base. This seems to be a glaring omission that there is not a "Hit Double" option in this circumstance. Am I missing something?
Does seem like double should be an option here. Look forward to FTM's response.

In the interim, I would edit to single, then edit the stats (increase double by 1; decrease single by 1)...
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:40 am

For the Pinch Hitter question, you would actually have to do the substitution on the pitch prior to the player coming to the plate when editing in pitch by pitch. If you use the Pinch Hitter option while scoring the game, it does the substitution in the correct place for you, but if editing pitch by pitch, do the offensive substitution on the pitch prior to the batter actually being pitched to.

For the question about the error, the issue is that reaching second on error is actually "2 events" internally whereas a double is a single event. If you score it as a double, you can change it to single + error post game, then even change that to just be an error,

But when you enter In Play, Error, you are saying the runner reached 1st base due to error, then it asks what happened to the runner, and you mark Safe, Second, Error. This is two distinct entries and they can not be combined to make a "double". You can not just have a BATTER reach second base by error. He first reaches first base on an error, then becomes a Runner and reaches second base on an error as well (fielder only credited with one error, but it is two steps internally).

You can edit the stats to reflect a double, and put a note in the Pitch by Pitch saying it was a double.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs