Timing

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
Hooli21

Timing

Post by Hooli21 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 am

I've used another app that isn't nearly as easy to use as IScore, but one thing they did have that I think would be useful is an option to turn the clock off and then just add the time of the touchdown when it is scored.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Timing

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. Clock management is definitely a challenge and something we will continue to try and improve.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:10 pm

How do you reset the clock at the beging of a quarter if the game clock does not match the iScore clock. In other words, in the actual game the 1st quarter has ended, however your iScore clock still has time on it. You set the iScore quarter to 2nd but the clock does not reset. What are you supposed to do? Similar question about the end of the game; the game is actually over but the iScore clock still has time on it. How do you end the game? What if the iScore clock runs out and iScore says "game over" before the game actually ends. What do you do then?
Thanks for any help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Double tap on the clock on the main scoring screen, and you can set it to whatever the correct time is. You can do this at any time.
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 am

Perfect. Thank you for your help. I am getting to know the product and like it very much so far.
Weas

Post by Weas » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 am

I realize you like your running clock for the broadcast games, but could there be an option to turn it off and only enter it when it NEEDS to be?

For example you only need the time recorded at change of possession and on scores. As a bonus on timeouts, but it's really not needed.

If it would prompt you on these actions, for me, it would be preferred.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:09 pm

You can certainly ignore the clock and only set it at the times you want. If you are going to do this, we would suggest you pause it when not using it, and just double tap it when you want to set the times.

We think we have gotten much better with the start/stops and if you are keeping on top of the scoring, it actually tracks pretty closely at this point.
Weas

Post by Weas » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:17 pm

FTMSupport wrote:You can certainly ignore the clock and only set it at the times you want. If you are going to do this, we would suggest you pause it when not using it, and just double tap it when you want to set the times.
I guess my problem is that I forget that it's running, and when I fix it, I'm going back in time.

Then when you look at the plays the LAST play is listed as having occurred before the previous play [time-wise]. I guess this won't wreck havoc with your time of possession calculations?

I'm pretty sure the clock started running on an extra point one time as well. Though I forgot to document the actual series of events. That scared me into thinking that the time of possession calculation would be off.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 pm

The release that Apple just approved today should prevent the clock from starting during the extra point play. Be sure and download that version when you get a chance as each version is going to add more features based on all our users feedback.