TIP: Link to Examples of Team Web Sites - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
OhioTex

TIP: Link to Examples of Team Web Sites - FAQ

Post by OhioTex » Sat May 22, 2010 5:57 am

As posted elsewhere in the forum, Here is a reminder of the Link by FTM to "showcase" real life examples of Team Web Sites and Player Spotlight Pages....

http://iscorebaseball.com/gallery/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stadtusquo

Re: Team Web Site Showcase link...

Post by Stadtusquo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 pm

I am contemplating a Team Website. I have been looking at the many examples via iScore. The "Colorado Spring Thunder" site is somewhat of what We would like to accomplish. Questions:
1) Calendar - Is there a Calendar built into the sites? Or, was this added, and how?
2) Games - I like the way their games are shown and that one can click onto the "box Score", are these options part of the package?
3) Photos - to upload photos, is there another program I have to have/know how to use?

If anyone could shed some light on these questions, it would make our decision easier, Thnx

Stadtusquo
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:20 pm

1. The calendar built into that site is a google calendar, it is the same setup I use. Go to google, there is a bar at the top click more, click calendar. Create an account, then copy the url into the bottom line of iscore calendar page when you are logged in as administrator.

2. The games page is all standard. This page is populated from you device when you export. On the Colorado site the colors have been changed from the standard format but nothing else that I can tell. I don't think we can edit games or stats pages.

3. I use google Picasa. It is free, you can create web folders and copy the url.

http://baseball.iscorecentral.com/cbccougarsnavy14u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link is a website for our summer team. I am a website noob and have done very little from the standard. On the front page I added the background and pic and the links for directions. On the photos page I added the google Picasa web URL. That's it, everything else is self populated.

Hope this helps.
Dan
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:18 am

in addition to what Dan said..

I can not over emphasize the simplicity of setting up and maintaining the FTM team web site. plus the password restriction features are nice too for youth teams.

To update the player stats and game box score and team stats, after each game, all you do is connect to internet and then hit Option > Export. viola, when it is done, your team site stats are updated. you get all your games and stats with ability to scroll and drill down by game and player all updated with one simple step. you email folks the URL link once and tell them to check after each game etc.

that said, if you want the game specific pdf scorecard link on your team web site or your iscorecast game specific link on your team web site.. two more steps are needed..
1) scorecard - you need to email yourself the scorecard after the game, the team web site 'picks' it from the email. it will not be on your web site till you send that email.
2) iscorcast - if you were not iscorecasting live (not connected to internet), after the game at home, you would go to Game Info screen, scroll down and Synch your iscorecast for that game to update the game specific iscore cast on your team site.

so for me, technically updating the team web site after a game is a 3 step process. but all in all easy. and all from my device once connected to the internet live on the field or at home. Much easier than any web site FTP / document upload update I have tried before.

once you get comfortable with the web site, even as a noobie, you can add google features like Dan mentioned for pictures, calendar, and also league or team documents (google docs).. all for free ..a small learning curve, but not to the level or programming.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:00 am

How about the "Sponsors" page. My question is: Will this page allow for a way to click on the "Sponsor" and the people can be directed to the Sponsor's website, if so desired? If so, how do I set that up?
Either way, I am looking forward to creating a Team Site, soon.

Stadtusquo
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:17 am

Yes, that is exactly how the Sponsors works. When you log in to your Team Website with the Admin password and go to the Sponsors link, you can upload sponsor images and the URL for that sponsor. One sponsor will be the "main" sponsor and always visible on the bottom left in the "menu area". The rest are visible when people click on the Sponsors tab. They can all have links to their websites.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm

AWESOME! Thanks again for the quick response... I can't wait to get me an iPad and experience the iScore on it!

Stadtusquo
Jas

Post by Jas » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Our site is up and running. We have a few additions to make and a few kinks to work out, but it's close enough to show off. We would first like to give props to the Bears who displayed the possibilities using Wix.com. We couldn't have built our site without their example. We are just getting into iscore and love it. Can't wait to contribute around here. Thanks for the amazing product.

http://www.iscorebaseball.com/amarillogoldsox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks jas for sharing... I will check it out on a PC
Ayer..(if only apple would get flash on the iPad I could see your great work now)

I did notice you do not have the extended stats on your site... Is that by design?

Posted elsewhere in more detail, but basically..game manager, select team, team stats, recalc, export... Then you can pick and choose columns to display on web site from settings on web site, bottom button, stat selection...

Also, no way I have found to automate, or blink love link on a timer, I just say click here at game time..
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Very nice home page.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs