4.50.01 problems

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
Kasouthbury

4.50.01 problems

Post by Kasouthbury » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:22 pm

I used release 4.50.01 today for the first time. My iPad is current with IOS 8.02, it is a WIFI only iPad. When I am trying to access any sub menu like MISC at the bottom of the screen after starting to score the game or trying to set a player's position or batting before hitting plays the menu keeps opening and closing without being able to set the option. Also the app repeatedly crashed when setting a sub. I even did a hard reboot of my iPad and this kept happening. This release is really unstable.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: 4.50.01 problems

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:02 am

If you can give us exact steps to reproduce an issue we can try on a device here. Unfortunately as with every major OS release from Apple, there seems to be bugs in the OS and when we can reproduce an issue we can usually find workarounds. Unfortunately tapping Misc and performing substitutions is not causing any issues on our iPad. What version of iPad are you using? Maybe older iPads have issues with the memory requirements of ios8.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
gingbear

Post by gingbear » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:15 am

I had problems yesterday too. The app would crash when I tried to edit players from the substitution screen. I had to edit from the starting lineup screen. It would randomly throw up the assign error screen and I had to exit the program to get rid of it. It was also slow to change pages. I have an iPad 3.
Kasouthbury

Post by Kasouthbury » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 am

During game play I am substituting for a batter with a player on the roster. I make the substitution and find that the batter actually bats left handed. I go back into the batter by selecting him next to the plate. I then go and hit the arrow to open him up to change hands. The app crashes and closes.

I typically don't have a lineup card so I am selecting players from the roster the first time through the batting order. So to edit the starting lineup during play I have to click on MISC at the bottom of the screen below the line. The menu opens but then closes without time to select the starting lineup. I also have an issue to put a player into the lineup the only way to reliably put them in the lineup is to edit them rather than simply going to the roster screen and clicking on the box for position or batting. This seems to be an issue when the game is being played not before.

Finally as I posted below there is still the issue with the handle to drag a player to their position in the lineup.

I have the latest version of the iPad with 32GB