I just got 4.50.01 and have a question and a comment

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
GParkins

I just got 4.50.01 and have a question and a comment

Post by GParkins » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 am

My question is: what is "Full Foul Ball Tracking," and how is it fuller than what was there before?

My comment is: it took me 5-6 tries to d/l from the app store. I kept getting an "unable to download" message. Ultimately, I was successful, but it seemed problematic.

Bonus nudge: would you please consider adding a win/lose/save/blown save/hold feature for pitchers? It could be a recommendation based on MLB practices, with an option to accept or change, but it would be a "nice to have" enhancement.

Extra credit option: by definition, an infield fly freezes runners at their current base. Would you please remove the "what happened to the runners" dialog boxes after an infield fly is declared?
team mom

Re: I just got 4.50.01 and have a question and a comment

Post by team mom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:04 am

An infield fly does not freeze the runners, it just alerts them to run at their own risk. If the ball hits the ground, they are free to tag up and run like any caught ball. Not an easy thing to do, but I've seen errors, misjudgments, or miscommunications among infielders result in the runners advancing after an infield fly was called.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 am

The foul balls now show on the hit charts.

Issues downloading from the App Store would be outside of our control - that would be an Apple issue. Probably very high volume of iOS8 updates is causing some strain on their servers.

We have the pitcher win/lose/save etc on our enhancement list and have covered many times how complicated this is because of differing rules. We would guess that defaulting to MLB rules is going to get it wrong most of the time since most youth games are 7 innings or less with many ending early due to time constraints. We will work on ways to improve this process however.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
CreigN

Post by CreigN » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 pm

FTMSupport wrote:The foul balls now show on the hit charts.
I've been entering the foul ball hits for the last couple of seasons and look forward to using the foul ball info from the hit charts. I can't get the foul balls from past seasons to show up in the hit charts. They do show up for new games scored after the 4.50.01 update.

I've Exported, optimized the data, then Imported back to my iPad, but still can only see foul balls from the most recent games scored in 4.50.01. Previous foul balls don't show up under Player Manager on the Player Charts, under Team Manager > Team > Roster > Player > Player Card, or Team website & Admin site.

Is there any way I can see the previous season's data on the hit charts? I have selected specific Leagues under League Manager and also All Leagues.

iPad Air w/iOS 8.02
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Unfortunately the location data collected on foul balls prior to this release will not be displayable.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:20 am

team mom wrote:An infield fly does not freeze the runners, it just alerts them to run at their own risk. If the ball hits the ground, they are free to tag up and run like any caught ball. Not an easy thing to do, but I've seen errors, misjudgments, or miscommunications among infielders result in the runners advancing after an infield fly was called.
Correct. This is handled properly in iscore. If you have minimize questions set to "yes", it wont ask, if set to "no" it does ask as it should because the runners can run in theory.

As for the auto populate/suggested W, L, S, H request. I would be in favor of this and would recommend that you follow the mlb guidelines minus the ip requirement. You could have a setting for having this feature be on or off.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!