Why Doesn't IScore auto Handle SAC situations

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
mustangsk

Why Doesn't IScore auto Handle SAC situations

Post by mustangsk » Fri May 09, 2014 9:46 am

I'm surprised IScore doesn't determine/ override this "what you see" situation when an out is due to a SAC (bunt or fly). If I record the out as a simple fly-out and a runner scores giving the batter a RBI.....I was surprised IScore didn't recognize this and over-ride it as a SAC being that it has such an impact on overall player stats. It seems to me that if a Fly-out or bunt result in a favorable runner SAC result -- IScore should prompt/prevent you from inappropriately scoring this.

Am I missing something within the current Android release/
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Why Doesn't IScore auto Handle SAC situations

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 am

The scorekeeper would have to determine whether it is a sac fly or sac bunt vs fly out or bunt out. These are not "automatics" and would depend on the situation and what occurred.

iScore DOES prevent you from entering a Sac Fly when it is not appropriate (i.e. many people mistakenly think a runner advancing from first to second or second to third on a fly ball is a sac fly), but iScore is not going to override what you enter when it is not necessarily the case.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mustangsk

Post by mustangsk » Wed May 14, 2014 10:45 am

As a general rule the benefit regarding a sacrifice goes to the batter - seems like having the program handle the sac and allowing the scorekeeper to over-ride it later is a better way to go.

As a possible alternative... If the program can compensate for a situation when its not truly a sacrifice could it prompt the scorer with a question when the situation would likely be viewed a sacrifice?

In recording what you see....the batter flies to right and the runner tags from third and scores....you record the fly-out and note how the runners advance without considering it was a sac-fly situation. Again, because this impact a batter's batting average -- any steps taken to try and get this situation recorded corrected would be appreciated.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

You can do a post game edit to change a fly out to a sac fly. Here is a link to the instructions on doing post game edits:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _edits.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs