Importing CSV data to iScore Baseball

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Importing CSV data to iScore Baseball

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm

We have updated the Admin Website to allow importing of properly formatted CSV stats data into iScore. To use this functionality, follow these steps:

1. Do an Options -> Export from within iScore to send your most recent data to the server

2. Log in to the Admin Website (http://my.iscorecentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

3. Select the Team you want to import data for in the dropdown menu

4. Tap the Import tab under Teams

5. There is now a "Show Legend" button that shows the acceptable fields, and a Download Sample CSV link where you can get a sample CSV file. Create your CSV file on your local computer, and select it using the Browse... button

6. Map the data being imported to the right players (iScore will attempt to do the mapping for you based on the data provided)

7. Click the Import Data button

8. Do an Options -> Import in iScore to retrieve the data back to your device
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Afjb

Re: Importing CSV data to iScore Baseball

Post by Afjb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

This will be very helpful to us who have already accumulated stats. Thanks very much!

Two questions - 1) do we have to fill out the whole file? In other words, if there are fields which we haven't tracked historically and aren't going to, should we leave those fields blank or add a zero instead? 2) Will you be making this feature available for your other sports too? Hope so!

Tony
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:24 pm

The import is available for all sports using the same technique.

As described on the import page, you only need to include the fields you actually have data for. Just be sure to include the header row that labels each column of data that you do include.
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 am

Thank you so much for providing this, it will really save a lot of time in entering in previously scored games. I see there is a bowling app on the way too, any news on other sports, such as hockey? Ideally I would love to see a "generic" app where we create our own user fields and timing requirements and simply use it as a stat and score generator. That would be great!

Again, thanks for listening to your customers, a rarity in this day and age.
Tony
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi, another question regarding the import. Let's say I go to the football portion of my admin website and want to import stats of a given team. I see in the show legend button that it brings up all the field names appropriate for the football app. However, when I download the sample CSV file, its the baseball file. Would you be able to post the appropriate file along with its field headings for the given sport? I know I can type in the field names but thought it might be better if we had the file that you post since we know that will be accurate. Plus it might allow us to more easily transfer data from our existing spreadsheets to yours.

Thanks
Tony
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 pm

We will add this to our enhancement list, but it is not likely going to be a high priority. All the fields are listed for each sport, so you can craft a CSV import for any of the sports by looking at the legend for that sport.
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

OK, thanks. I'll let you know how it works out.