iScore for Windows Surface

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
OhioTex

Re: iScore for Windows Surface

Post by OhioTex » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 am

great Addition to the thread…
MCScrapE wrote:For those pining for a Windows version I would suggest this alternative in the possible interim. Get a copy of Genymotion and Oracle VirtualBox. Once you have your virtual android tablet running you can download and install iScore. This will not work on RT as that doesn't allow non-Windows store applications. I have this environment running on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. Easy to get going and works great.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
trickelboys

Post by trickelboys » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm

I have recently purchased the Windows Surface RT and would love to see ISCORE for the Surface RT. I love this program and use it for my High School baseball team and summer ball program. Put me down for ISCORE for Surface RT.
koellert

Post by koellert » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 am

Our entire district just got surface rt's. That's a lot of coaches who I'd like to bring along to iScore this spring. Just saying... & hoping!
TMack

Re: iScore for Windows Surface (responded)

Post by TMack » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Apple IOS is the most cost effective platform to develop for. Andriod has 48% share of US smart phones so any company developing apps is going to focus on IOS and Andriod. They are being nice with their response for windows tablets. Andriod has so many different hardware configurations, the andriod apps always seem to sufer. Apple users have no qualms buying apps so you develop where the money and the audience are. I have a galaxy s4 and an iPad version 4.
07outback

Post by 07outback » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:21 am

I certainly hope that a Windows version comes to fruition. I own a windows tablet and there really isn't a scoring app designed for windows. iscore is very comprehensive and continues to develop/evolve. I just hope that development occurs to support Windows users that don't use IOS or android platforms.
07outback

Post by 07outback » Sat May 31, 2014 3:39 am

I'm running iScore on my Windows tablet now by using Bluestacks an Android emulator. I love being able to use my Windows 8.1 Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet over my wife's iPad as I prefer Windows. But I will tell you the android version doesn't show that you are broadcasting on the scoring screen; which I prefer to know. The other feature that I miss from the iOS version is being able to make where foul balls are hit.

I certainly hope that iScore will consider the Windows platform as being viable for development. But until then I will have to use Bluestacks the Android emulator on my Windows 8.1 tablet for my scoring needs.
Eddie38

Post by Eddie38 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 am

I would love a windows version for surface tablets. I will never get another apple device as they have crunched all original ipads with crashes, etc claiming memory but it is just another sales model scheme to make us upgrade. It takes me, literally, 30-40 tries to export my iscore stats dues to crash closing. I want to replace tablet and laptop with surface pro 3. The emulator sounds like it may work but a dedicated windows version would be udeal.

EF
07outback

Post by 07outback » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Eddie38 wrote:I would love a windows version for surface tablets. I will never get another apple device as they have crunched all original ipads with crashes, etc claiming memory but it is just another sales model scheme to make us upgrade. It takes me, literally, 30-40 tries to export my iscore stats dues to crash closing. I want to replace tablet and laptop with surface pro 3. The emulator sounds like it may work but a dedicated windows version would be udeal.

EF
I have been using the emulator, Bluestacks, on my Dell Venue 11 Pro. You have to use the tablet in portrait in order to get full screen so you won't need a magnifying glass. The emulator does drain the battery a bit quicker; so you need to make sure you have a portable charger with you. I can score 2 almost 3 complete games without having to recharge, but that is turning the brightness down very low. This makes it hard when you need to score 4-5 games in a day. I have had my battery last me over 10 hours surfing and watching video, but running an emulator to use iScore I only get about half of that time. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for the emulator, but certainly wish there was a windows version. Hopeful one day there will be one.
chrisgware

Post by chrisgware » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:07 pm

I'd like to add my vote for windows support. The Pro 3 is a fantastic platform, I am sure there would be demand for it.
mom4skjskr

Post by mom4skjskr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:43 am

I would also like to see a Surface version. I simply love this application. Use it for several of my family's teams.