New Product / Feature - Custom Scoreboards

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New Product / Feature - Custom Scoreboards

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

Ah... understood.

The scoreboard actually caches it's results for 10 minutes. So if you delete a game (or add a game), it will only appear when the cache expires. Editing the scoreboards in the scoreboard editor forces the cache to clear immediately instead of waiting for the timeout.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
RockRocks787

Post by RockRocks787 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 pm

The scoreboard worked like a charm during our last tournament. This weekend's schedule was released today, so I have the upcoming games listed, but now when I resize them to the same size I had before, there are 2 scroll bars on each scoreboard which is in the way. The only way I can get rid of the scroll bars is to make the scoreboards bigger, but then that big ugly white border is there.

http://iscorebaseball.com/andersonbombers
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 pm

When we look at your site, both of the scoreboards you have on it look fine. We are viewing it with Firefox on a Mac.
RockRocks787

Post by RockRocks787 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am

You're right. I need to get off the habit of using Internet Explorer.
Egghead_#8

Post by Egghead_#8 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 am

Would it be possible to have the scoreboard show upcoming games in a different order? I currently have a scoreboard setup for our HS team. Season begins today and I went ahead and scheduled the first 4 games of the season on iScore (8/13, 8/15, 8/19, 8/20). The problem is the scoreboard (setup for 3 games shown) by default shows 3 blocks. The far right on is the iScore banner, then the middle one is the last game scheduled (8/20) and the first block is the one before that (8/19). In order to see today's game (season opener) you have to click the arrow on the left to scroll back 1 page.

Just seems counter intuitive to not have the next upcoming game available when the scoreboard first displays. I was tempted to schedule out the entire regular season but then my viewers would have to scroll all the way back in order to get to the upcoming game (27 or so games).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 am

If you look through the forum you will see we always recommend NOT prescheduling your games. This is yet another reason not to do it. Putting in the next upcoming game would be fine and it will show fine, but beyond that you are better off waiting until game day so that roster changes will be included in lineups when you create the game.
City

Post by City » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 am

I have a situation where some of my games are showing up as 0-0 for basketball on my scoreboard. Some games (the two most recent games) are correct. The data is showing up properly on the admin website under games and all are showing they have a scorecast but when I go to the Scoreboards it shows up as a 0-0 score. I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am

That would mean the game was scored either with no / poor internet access or iScorecast was disabled.

You should be able to fix it by going to Game Manager in iScore, selecting the game, then tapping "iScorecast Synchronize". That will send the full iScorecast up to the server, and the scoreboard should be updated. (NOTE: The scoreboards are cached for up to 5 minutes, so after doing the synchronize, it could take up to 5 minutes for the updated scores to appear if you had just viewed the scoreboard.)
City

Post by City » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:47 am

fantastic, worked great!
City

Post by City » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am

one more quick question relating to this...what does "undefined" mean and how can I fix it?