4.0 Questions -

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
Paulsilas

4.0 Questions -

Post by Paulsilas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm

You have just blown all competition out of the water with this update!!!! What few remaining missing features that had tempted me to look at other programs (Iscore was still better!) are now present in Iscore and turbo-charged, at that!

I have a few questions:

1. Should the new stat catgories show up in my team website as well - They don't. I have exported

2. Is there a Stats definitions somewhere that gives some more detail on the new stats (how they are calculated etc)

3. Is there any way to get stats for a switch-hitter - just lefty, just righty, or combined?

4. The quick play swipes - for iphone - I can use the quickplays for runners, ball.strike, foul, and outs but not for "in PLay" - Are the "in play" swipes only for ipad?

5. Do the "leagues" still not transfer when data sharing?

6. The registration feature - I am wondering if this would beneficial and/or work in my situation?: I use iphone and have iscore account that is connected to a team website and an Edge account. Our Manager has an ipad with a separate iscore account. We use the ipad for scoring on game day (iphone is used as a backup). Manager exports data to his iscore account when he gets home and where has wifi available; I use data sharing to import the new games onto my iphone and then export to my iscore account so that all the data will be on our team website and on Edge. Also gives me a chance to make corrections to game scoring if necessary) We then both have the data on our individual devices and can look things up when we are out and about. Is there a better way that we should do this? If it involves the registration feature, how does that work?

THanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 Questions -

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 pm

1. We will be updating the team websites to show new stats ASAP. We are hoping tonight / tomrrow.

2. Here is a link to a legend for all stats: http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.php?s=baseball2

3. We do not have a breakdown of lefty/righty built in. This would require one of the analytics add ons (edgehq.com or TruMedia Networks)

4. Sorry, we do not have one for "In Play". If we said that somewhere, we were overly excited with the new quick gestures. fyi... one we didn't list is swiping the Foul - it allows you to enter hit location of foul balls.

5. Leagues do not transfer with data sharing

6. Registration is used to link devices together for various add ons and transfering compete databases around. It would not really be appropriate for two different people to register their devices under the same account. Data Sharing is the best approach for sharing data between accounts.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Paulsilas

Post by Paulsilas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks for the legend, but do you have anything that describes how some of the more exotic, less obvious stats are actually calculated or maybe a link to a good site that would contain same?

Also, an FYI - We have Edge and I don't believe it gives stat splits for switch hitters - You can get stats on how a batter does against a lefty or right pitcher and you can get stats on how a pitcher does against lefty vs righty batters, but you cannot get stat splits for switch-hitters

Also - caught the quick swipe addition for foul cool - will this show up in spray charts in some way?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 am

The "exotic" stats all come from various online sources - usually related to sabermetrics. Most can be found in WikiPedia. Is there a specific one you are having trouble finding?

Our mistake on the splits with the add ons. For batters, it shows batting splits vs left / right handed pitchers, and for pitchers, it shows effectiveness against left/right handed batters. The TruMedia product can show splits on batting left vs batting right by going to the Batting profile of a player, and if they have batted from both sides of the plate, you just tap the left or right handed batter image and it will show batting information from just that side of the plate.

Yes, foul ball hit locations will show up on the hit charts.
Paulsilas

Post by Paulsilas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Was interested in the pitchers stat game score, cheap win, tough loss. And quality start - are these all related to the game score 50 standard? Are they all only calculated for starting pitchers?

Also, I still don't see the new stats on my team website is there something I need to do?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Yes, they are all related to the 50 game standard.

We have not been able to update the Team Websites with new stats yet, but it will be coming very soon.
Paulsilas

Post by Paulsilas » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 pm

What is the ETA for adding the new stats to team websites
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm

We do not have an ETA other than "soon". We think you will be happy to have waited when it is available as we are going to allow much more customization than before.
Paulsilas

Post by Paulsilas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:42 am

More for 4.0 on iPad

The opening screen has a place to name the game - what is the purpose of that? Iscore still automatically names the game with the date and team a vs team b format.

The hold to set pitch buttons - for softball when I use riseball, the hold to set button returns cutter and I think a couple others return a baseball term rather than the softball terms. Will this be corrected soon?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:13 am

Not sure what "the opening screen" is, but if you are referring to the ability to edit the game name when creating a new game, or on the Game Info screen, iScore will default the game name based on the visitor team name, home team name, and date of the game, but you can override this if you would like and it is displayed in various places. For example, maybe you want a game to be titled "Spring 2013 Championship" or whatever is more descriptive than just team names.

We will fix the hold to set pitch buttons for the next release. This is the first we have heard of this issue. Thank you for pointing it out.