Other App Updates

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
jdhhauser

Other App Updates

Post by jdhhauser » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Is iScore Basketball still on track for basketball season (Mid-October)?
Any features or "sneak peeks" yet?

Thanks for the great app and hoplefully a line of apps.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Other App Updates

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Yes, the iScore Basketball app is well under way. We don't want to give any "sneak peaks" until we are a little closer to the final product, but we are very happy with how it is coming out, and think the iScore community will be quite pleased as well.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Ooooh, can't wait..... 8-)
jdhhauser

Post by jdhhauser » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:42 pm

How close are you?
Do you have a specific date?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:08 pm

We are getting close, but no specific dates yet.
CoachBob

Post by CoachBob » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 am

I am really looking forward to the basketball app. I am hoping it comes out soon so we can test it and work through the bugs and stuff before the season starts. A couple of thoughts.....remember that basketball moves very fast so whatever you come up with needs to be really easy to use. This is what I was hoping to see:

1) Enter both rosters with names and numbers before the game starts. It should allow you to choose the color of the team too so that the numbers show up in that respective color when scoring.
2) Enter the length of quarters or halves.
3) When the game starts, you select the starters for both teams which would then bring up their numbers on the side indicating who is in the game.
4) The screen would simply look like a basketball court. When something happens, you would simply tap the screen where it happened, tap the number of the player involved and then tap the button indicating what it was that happened. For example, player 5 shoots and misses a 3pter from the top of the key. I would tap the location on the court, tap the #5, tap the miss 3 pt button. The computer would save the time automatically when the play happened.
5) The user should be able to define what "action" buttons they want on the screen. For example, one coach may not care about charges or deflections so they wouldnt select them to show up on the action button panel. Personally, I would want......made 2pt, miss 2pter, made 3pter, miss 3pter, made ft, miss ft, assists, turnover, charge taken, foul, offensive reb, defensive rebound, steal, deflection, hustle point (for floor balls, or other great plays).
6) When the game starts, the user would hit game start. This would start the game clock. Everytime there is a stoppage in play, the user would hit, stop clock. When it starts again, the user hits start clock. This would allow the app to keep track of playing time.
7) When a sub comes into the game, the user would tap the sub button which would allow you to select the player entering the game and select the player leaving the game. The new player would replace the exiting player on the main screen. Only the players who are in the game would show up on the main screen. The players on the bench would show up when you hit the sub button. THis would allow for let clutter.
8) At the end of the game, hopefully the app could produce a boxscore with playing time for each player, all stats entered and for each player, what the score was when they were in the game. In other words, if number 5 play 12 minutes, it would be helpful to know what the team did in those 12 minutes, Home team 23 visitors 12.
9) The app should also allow to see a team shot chart and a player by player shot chart. The shot chart should show where the shot was, whether it was a make or miss (green for make, red for miss) and the time of game for each shot.

Just some ideas. Hope you guys do the basketball app as well as you did the baseball one.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Did you somehow get an early release of what we have created? :)

What you describe is nearly identical to what we have created. We are getting close to release.

Thank you.
BJWanlund

Post by BJWanlund » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:16 am

Thank you!

I can NOT wait to use iScore Basketball!!!!
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:53 pm

I recently started using Iscore baseball and I love it. I went back and added all the fall season games to create great stats for the season and tomorrow will be the first live game. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for creating the app.
Since I have found the baseball app to be so user friendly and thorough I am looking forward to the release of the basketball app. Our season starts 11/13, is there a reasonable probability that your app will be released by then?

Thanks,
Dan
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:23 pm

We are very close... we have a version we have been testing for a couple weeks now, but we are not sure 11/13 is going to happen. We will hopefully be submitting very soon, but then we have to wait for Apple's approval as well.