NEW RELEASE SUBMITTED TO APP STORE - v1.50.14

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

NEW RELEASE SUBMITTED TO APP STORE - v1.50.14

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 pm

We submitted our new release to the App Store this morning, and it is now awaiting Apple's approval. This generally takes about a week. This release adds many new features based on customer feedback including the following:
  • Complete Scorebook view during and after game - see the details of every play in tradtiional score card format. Enhanced even beyond traditional paper and pencil showing more detail about how each runner advanced from base to base.
  • Scorebook emailable in PDF format - send the results of games to yourself, coaches, team members, etc. You do not need to own iScore to view the results. For those tracking pitch location, the scorebook also shows all pitch locations for each pitcher.
  • Season / Cumulative Statistics - View complete cumulative statistics for teams and individual players.
  • Scatter Charts and Batting Results - See batter's previous hit locations and at bat results as they come to the plate.
  • Pitching Speckle Chart - View each pitcher's pitch locations while they are pitching, and in a review on the Scorebook. Great both for analyzing your own pitchers, and seeing what to expect from the other team.
  • Updated substitution methodology - Enhanced support when doing both offensive and defensive changes, double switches, pinch runners, simple handling of pitcher only changes for leagues with DH, etc.
  • 10th Defensive Player - Can now track 10 players on defense - great for softball teams and youth leagues that allow 10 players on defense.
  • Better defensive sequence support - Our simple interview process now supports better error assignments and defensive sequence assignments on pure running plays, pickoffs, attempted pickoffs, etc.
In addition to the above enhancements, we have also addressed several of the smaller requests from our customers such as showing Visitor first/above Home team where appropriate, editable names of games, remembering last email scorebook was sent to, a couple of new stat columns that were requested, some stats anomalies have been fixed, and the list goes on.

We will be posting some sample scorebooks and screenshots for you to preview even prior to Apple's approval in the coming days.

We are very excited about this release, and believe our customers will be too.

As always, please continue letting us know the improvements you would like to see most as we are 100% committed to making this the best baseball scoring application for the iPhone.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SharkBait

Re: NEW RELEASE SUBMITTED TO APP STORE - v1.50.14

Post by SharkBait » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:23 pm

FTMSupport wrote: We are very excited about this release, and believe our customers will be too.
You got that right!!!

If this runs as smooth as the current version this will be so awesome!
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:52 pm

:o
Now I won't be able to sleep in a week!!!! :lol:

This looks awesome. I want to thank you guys for all the work and for REALLY listening to your customers. iScore is the best app of its kind.

Apple, please hurry!!
rbrinsure

Post by rbrinsure » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 am

Finally a company that not only listens to it's customers, but does it quickly. Thanks for the enhancements I can't wait.
CoachBob

Post by CoachBob » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 am

I love how responsive you guys are. The details of the new release addresses so many of the concerns we have posted here. I hope you guys do basketball next! That sport would really benefit from an APP like this.

Is there anything we can do as consumers to move Apple along with the approval process?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:01 am

I WISH there was something that could be done to move Apple along. I think the popularity of the iPhone in general just has so many applications being submitted that it takes them about a week to get through their backlog. It used to be 4 days a couple months back... keeping our fingers crossed it goes quickly.
jhud

Post by jhud » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm

My biggest dissapointment is that I have to play 4 games in the next week. This is fantastic. Monkeys could not have done it faster. Thanks for getting this release done so quickly. Now its up to the QA monkeys 8-) . Can't wait for some of the gamecast capabilities to be done.
heroes

Post by heroes » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:25 pm

I second all the voices above.
You guys are absolutely the best app developer not just for baseball scorecard apps but for ANY iphone apps! Bravo!!

can't wait to play with it once it becomes available.
Hopefully, being able to transfer/link multiple iphones will be the next thing you can add!

heroes
svsucard11

Post by svsucard11 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:02 pm

I was wondering if you could post the screenshots of the scoresheets in the update that you mentioned of doing earlier. Thanks and looking forward to iTunes approving the update.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm

We are preparing the screenshots and sample scorecards as well as an updated Video Tutorial with the new features. They will be posted soon.

Thank you.