Version 2.0 Ready for Sale!

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
jdonato

Re: Version 2.0 Ready for Sale!

Post by jdonato » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Already got 2.0. I am trying to buy the MLB add-on, but it is spinning and spinning. Maybe everybody's downloading it 8-)
BJWanlund

Post by BJWanlund » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 pm

I know it took me a great long while to get that MLB thing, so maybe everybody was!

BJ
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 am

Yes Eagle Dad there is a Santa clause... !
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

jdonato wrote:Already got 2.0. I am trying to buy the MLB add-on, but it is spinning and spinning. Maybe everybody's downloading it 8-)
After more than 25 minutes with the spinning ball after I tapped on "Buy", I gave up.
Questions:
Is this wait normal?
Should I tap BUY again? Is there a way of knowing if I would be charged twice? Or if I has already been charged?
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 am

Same here - it asked for my iTunes password then spun for 20 minutes, then I had to take the phone with me to work. My iTunes account shows that I was dinged for the $5, but I never got any sort of "Activation Code".

I "reported a problem" to Apple, we'll see if they have any info.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

jcbeckman wrote:Same here - it asked for my iTunes password then spun for 20 minutes, then I had to take the phone with me to work. My iTunes account shows that I was dinged for the $5, but I never got any sort of "Activation Code".

Thanks jcbeckman! I checked my iTunes account, and I have been charged for $4.99.

FTM: What should we do now to receive the activation code?

CORRECTION:
I just checked iScore, and instead of the BUY button, I have a NEW DATA download arrow icon!!!!!!
I have just got the Rosters, but when checking Stats, everything is at 0. I have other issues, but I will report in enhancement requests...

jcbeckman, check your Add-Ons screen, maybe you are authorized now, too!
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

Huh. When I wrote that a few minutes ago I still had a "Buy" button. Now I have a "new data" button as well! I did exit the program both times, too.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 am

Downloaded the data, it all looks good! Sent Apple a "don't bother" on my previous support request.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:22 am

(perhaps FTM can pull the threads on this issue to its own topic .. i.e. V2.0 MLB download)

Good News ... It works,!!
But yes the user feedback is a bit odd..

simple Answer:
If you bought it and got the spinny thing, go check your league and/ or player manager - you may be MLB updated and not know it.

Longer Answer ....
Options> Add Ons > Buy > Apple password > spinny thing
I got the spinning thing too, then after a few minutes, like 5, I went ahead and backed out. Went back in Options > add Ons > now says update (vs buy).. do that, it will ultimately go to Current.. (I am not sure if this is a one time update, or will be a periodic manual update ).. any way.. go look at your team manager or player manager
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 am

Updating is a manual process and it will tell you when new data is available (normally once a day). You can simply update when you need the most recent data.