Importing rosters from USSSA

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
sandman

Re: Importing rosters from USSSA

Post by sandman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 am

anyway you can get teams from maxpreps.com?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am

Their teams are not as straightforward, but we do hope to add that functionality in the future.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LittleLeagueMom

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I absolutely love this feature...if only Triple Crown & CABA would share their rosters too the world would be pretty darn wonderful! iScore you rock!!!
SteelCityB

Post by SteelCityB » Wed May 02, 2012 12:36 pm

5 of the 6 teams we play this weekend have rosters on the USSSA site. This couldn't be easier. Thanks again, FTM!!!
OAR

Post by OAR » Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 am

That is a great option. It beats creating a new team and cutting/pasting names to the server then importing them into the ipod.

Is this option available for ASA, NSA, & USFA?

NOTE: USSSA does not do a very good job of making teams keep their rosters up to date. That can be very frustrating when you get their line-up right before game time and half the roster is different than what you saw and created on-line through their "CURRENT ROSTER" list. It's almost better to not go through the trouble and do the quick roster.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 am

If there are links for ASA, NSA, and/or USFA that provider similar roster data, let us know what they are and we can look into adding the ability to import them.

There is nothing we can do about out of date rosters... that would be up to the teams and the organization (USSSA) to keep them up to date.
OAR

Post by OAR » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

None that i know of; just making a point that although a great function, the info is only as good as the organization provides/maintains. USSSA is brutal.
Gamer mom

Post by Gamer mom » Thu May 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm not sure which part of the country you're from, but USSSA in the southeast is quite strict. Before the March 31 freeze date, I'll agree the rosters and line ups rarely match up perfectly, but after the cut off date, they are spot on...if they aren't I'd bring it to the attention of the tournament director.
brian_oshea

Post by brian_oshea » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 pm

In July my grandaughter's will be playing in a USSSA sanctioned tournament at Disney. I would like to be able to import the rosters of the team that we will play, so I thought that I would practice importing the roster of one of the team registered for the tournament. I chose Loveland Rage, team registration # 91284021617. When I went to "data sharing, get from web database" and input the above registration # (with a : after USSSA) it then says "games - no new games" "team - no new teams". I even created the team in Team Manager, but the same response. What am I missing?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm

It is not registration #'s that you would enter. It is team IDs. Follow the instructions in the first link here:

viewtopic.php?p=24316#p24316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To search for the team and find the team ID.