1st Inning Change after Game Over

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
AUBlake

1st Inning Change after Game Over

Post by AUBlake » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I missed a run in the 1st inning. I can't Undo the entire game. How can I advance the runner 1 base after I have hit End Game??
OhioTex

Re: 1st Inning Change after Game Over

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

You have to take extra care when electronic scoring.

you can not go back and change a game altering event like this in edit mode.

it sounds worse than it is, but if you need to get it righted, rescore it,

tip
print out score card, pull up i score cast of original game on computer, and create a new game and score along the score playback., could practice and won't; take too long

delete the original game once the new games is in and date corrected etc..
MPJ

Post by MPJ » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I made a mistake in scoring last week's game and recreated the game and re-entered all of the events as best I could after printing out the score sheet and the pitching stats. Now I have two games. Before I delete the original game - which seems like the thing to do - I thought I'd check to make sure that it won't mess something else up. Can you please verify that deleting the original is the next step?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes, that is the correct thing to do once you have verified the newly entered game is correct.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
strotter

Post by strotter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Just FYI...It's for exactly this reason--that you can't easily correct mistakes--that my local Little League won't allow the official scorekeeper to use iScore. There are a couple of other additional objections to it, but that's the main one.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Most things can actually be corrected. Just about the only things that can not be corrected in pitch by pitch have to do with runners being on the wrong base, or wanting to switch an Out to Safe or Safe to Out. These can still be corrected in stats, and you can always add notes to plays.

As a scorekeeper, as long as you make sure you are moving players to the right bases on each pitch, you should be able to correct just about anything.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm

don't understand why the little league would say iscore is an issue..
strotter wrote:Just FYI...It's for exactly this reason--that you can't easily correct mistakes--that my local Little League won't allow the official scorekeeper to use iScore. There are a couple of other additional objections to it, but that's the main one.
tony2360

Post by tony2360 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I understand that you cannot change an out for a safe and a safe for an out, I would like to know why? My wife was the scorekeeper and she missed to record the right play where an out and a single took place. The right play was a line drive to center field for a single, but the runner tried to extended to a double where he was tagged out at second. He had a single and was out at second. My wife put a ground out to centerfield. I tried to edit the play and I was able to change the ground out to a line drive to center and then 8-4 for the out but I cannot get the single since he reached first safe. This type of play edit should be allowed by Iscore in pitch by pitch mode. The only thing I managed to do was to go on team batting stats and add 1 hit to the Hit Columm.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Adding one to the hit column is the way to correct this mistake. We will continue adding to the number of things that can be edited post game, but as we have noted throughout the forum, it is very difficult to allow some edits as it can allow you to put a game in an impossible state. For your situation, adding a single in the hit column and adding a note in the pitch by pitch should be enough to fix the issue for anyone reviewing the game.