Need help with a scoring change

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
heelatious

Need help with a scoring change

Post by heelatious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 pm

I need a little help changing a scoring play that I had in our high school game last night.

We had a player hit a shot toward the left-center field gap. From my angle it looked like the center fielder got a glove on the ball, and dropped it. I scored it as an error on the center fielder. I then walked over and asked the assistant coach that was scoring the game for the team how he scored it. He said he didn't think the center fielder gloved it, so he scored it as a double, as the batter reached 2nd on the hit.

I have gone into the pitch by pitch, and I'm able to change it from an error to a single, but it doesn't give me the option of changing it to a double. I know it's a little thing, but it's driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Need help with a scoring change

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:29 pm

We do not have a way to change an error to a double. You can change it to a single as you have found, but you can not change it to a double. In the future, if you are unsure on a play, if you mark it as a multi-base hit, you can later change it to an error, but the other direction can not be done in pitch by pitch to change to a multi-base hit.

You can add a note to the play to say it was actually a double, and then go to Game Manager, select Batting Stats, and tap the 1B and 2B columns for this batter and make manual adjustments that way to get the stats correct.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
heelatious

Post by heelatious » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah, that's probably what I should have done. Hindsight is 20/20. Had I scored it a double, I would have been able to go back and change it to an error correct? That's what I will do in the future. I did go into the note field, and put down that the hit was actually a double.

Thanks for the prompt response.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Yes, if it was scored as a double, you could have changed it to an error... helps for future "close calls" to know this.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs