Training video for version 2.0

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Training video for version 2.0

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 am

The first training video for version 2.0 (part 3 in the training series, but first for version 2.0) has been posted on our training page:

http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp

There will be another coming soon --- too many features to fit into a single 10 minute clip (which is the maximum allowed by YouTube).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Training video for version 2.0

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Second video for version 2.0 (part 4 in the training series) has now been put up at the same training link.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 am

Now you are just teasing us!!!!!!!

Come on, Apple!! :mrgreen:
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:17 am

As I pass the time awaiting my V2.0, I took a half hour break to watch the training video

http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp

and thought i would post my comments, and start some ideas for v2.1

Of Course a sincere thank you to you for your support and the whole team for the product.

Part 3
A) Ah the voice of FTM Support  . Nice to hear you!

B) ‘OLD SCHOOL LOOK’
– shout out to the graphics man (forum member) yeah!!

C) MAIN SCORING SCREEN
- Is there still a left/right swipe functionality off the main screen to the pitch chart?
- Consider adding a visual cue (right arrow) that there is a swipe screen off to the side

D) QUICK ROSTER/TEAM
- great . like the new quick roster flexibility and looks like it has been implemented intuitively (as promised and as expected)

E) IN GAME BOX SCORE
- Like the new (above) placement of stats and swipeable in game scoreboard…
- However – I thought we were getting a view of next three players, at bat, on deck and in the hole..
- perhaps that comes up in a between inning screen (is there a new between inning screen ?)
regardless, .. consider adding to the request list “in the hole” visibility on the main scoring screen..

F) STRIKE (swinging vs called) !!!
Was going to ask where the strike looking vs strike swinging button is on the main scoring screen - but found it at the end of tutorial. (suggest if you redo tutorial 1,2, or 3. you mention this sooner rather than later). I guess this approach (touch, hold, swing) will work. Just had expected more buttons.. but I get the tradeoff off between button overload, screen real estate and simplicity vs advance features.. interesting approach.
- Will be curious to see it works in action and how the user community responds in practice.

G) LINE UP EDIT
Now accessed through misc menu.. ok, that will work fine… But I would have labeled the button something like.. “show/edit lineup” instead of “show starting line up”. much more feature functionality than just displaying lineup…especially in quick team scenario.
- more importantly, Can you get to the line up screen other ways? Say a left/right swipe from substitution screen or main scoring screen?

H) NEW SUBSTITUTION SCREEN
- interesting look.. may take some getting use to it.. bigger font I like, offense field view ok, the batting order left to right, awkward, feel like it should be up and down oriented.

I) SUBSTITUTION SCREEN.
-- If I swipe left/right on this screen does it bring up another screen (e.g. line up)?.. if not, consider adding such (with a visual arrow indicator) .

J) BASEBALL CARD … WAY COOL,. !!!!

K) TIE BREAKER, not been a need for me, but I know those that need this will say . yeah!!

Part 4
L) MLB ROSTERS, GAMECAST, (Way cool graphics and sound !!) TWITTER.. look forward to trying them out .

M) PITCH BY PITCH … finally edit !!!!
-- I see how to get to play-by-play from game manager menu, as demonstrated - Ok. And great.
But is there another ( faster) way to get there when scoring a game?? – say a swipe from the main scoring screen? (Perhaps a left/right swipe from pitch location screen, or perhaps another button on the misc menu screen, or perhaps a left /right swipe from the lineup screen, or perhaps a double tap or left/right swipe from the in game box score area above the main scoring area. Just seems like want fast access to fix an error on the fly if we can (in addition to undo, which still is an option of course)

N) LEAGUES - Great. !!!
I like how you implemented the transition (via default league) Thanks.
Q. if I moved two teams that had played in default league to summer slam, would their old game show up twice, once in summer slam and once in default leagues? (or would summer slam still show no games but two teams)? also do you have to set the league checks or or off on a game by game basis in game manager?

Part 5 (Other questions, examples eagerly awaiting to see and try)
O) Improved Pitch Tracking … looks like what?
P) New Team Pitching Stats ... (example)
Q) New Fielding stats … (example)
R) New Win/Loss/Save Tracking .. (example)
S) New sorting of pitcher by first entry vs alpha name (example)
T) New In between inning screen? (did I make this up?)
U) Web site? (future)
V)

THANKS

P.S.> “Hurry Up Apple… I want my 2.0”
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:35 am

Thanks for spending the time on this OhioTex. Here are answers to the questions you had:

Graphics: Yes, we are very happy with the updated look. The graphics were done for us by Dice Tsutsumi whose art can be seen at http://simplestroke.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false. He is an animator at Pixar Studios, and a great guy to work with. He is also a baseball lover and iScore Baseball user for his own fastpitch baseball team. If he wants to reveal himself in the forum (I think he has once or twice very subtly), I'll leave that to him.

Yes, there is still a left/right swipe for the pitching chart. We have added some small visual indicators for when swiping is possible in some instances.

We have not added in the hole display yet. We do have it on our future enhancement list. We also do not have a between inning screen as of yet. The scorcard can now be displayed very quickly however, so for reviewing what just took place, it is fast to bring that up.

Line Up Editor - We took it off the main view for two reasons. First, too many people were trying to use it for subsitutions. Especially first time users / people that were not watching the training videos. It is still for starting lineup only. Moving it off the main screen allowed us to have it labeled more clearly. Secondly, the starting lineup is not something that changes throughout the game. Once it is set, it never changes. Yes, in the case of quick roster you will now have one extra button push to edit the players, but we think the benefits outweight the downside of the extra click. We will see what kind of feedback we get on that.

Sub Screen: On the left->right view for the batting order, we agree top->bottom looks more natural, but it did not work as well for the user interface. We were hoping people could picture it as players sitting on the bench in their batting order (thus the graphic). We will see what kind of feedback we wind up with on this one as well. There is no swiping on the sub screen, but you can toggle between offensive and defensive view.

Pitch by Pitch - faster way to get there - In version 2.0, you can now go into scoring from the Game Manager menu. If you go into your game from that view, then getting to the pitch by pitch listing is only 2 clicks. Click the "Exit" button from scoring, and that takes you back to your game details in Game Manager, then click Pitch by Pitch from there.

Leagues - If you have a game in two legaues, it will only show up in the game listing once even if both leagues are selected, but yes, it is available for both leagues. So if you select ONLY summer slam, and went into stats, you would see the stats for your players/team only in the summer slam tournament. If you selected Default, you would see statistics for all the games in Default (which may also include the summer slam games --- up to you). It is very flexible allowing you to group games any way you like. You could go crazy and create a "Weekend" vs "Weekday" league and see your team stats on weekends vs weekdays for example. Anything that interests you. You can set the checkboxes game by game. When you create a new game, the leagues for that team will default to the currently selected leagues.

For the answer to P and Q, you can view the new sample stats at http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/screenshots.jsp - it shows team pitching and fielding stats.

There are some things that still have not made it into a video.

Hope that answers at least most of what you asked.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:37 am

Yes, you answered the Qs and as always in a more than timely manner ..

Follow on..

1) shout out and thanks to Dice Tsutsumi!!

2) LINE UP MOVE. Correction. I now agree with you….
- very good reason to move line up screen off the main menu, to separate it from substitution mechanics. I get that.
- undecided if smarter to label it as “show line up” vs “show/edit line up” .. if encouraging editing at the line up level is a bad thing or only applicable to quick roster, I get it.

3) screen shot update.
- I saw the new graphic for iScorecast was posted, but did notice that the score card and stats were also updated. Should have read the fine print. Oh well.

- I like the way you seamlessly added in the fielding stats and corrected the listing order of pitchers. - all looks 'natural'

a) suggestion. the last score card page ( pitching speckle charts) does not clearly indicate which team is which, (obvious here) but suggest a miss not to have header and page divider labels.. simply, 2004 Yankees Pitching.. and then 2004 Boston Pitching

b) also this web page would be a good place to show off the player card feature.. (perhaps J Damon example, just to add to the joy of BoSox vs Yankees ).

4) Clarifying V2.1 priority ...
++ Big Vote for in the hole visibility
-- Small vote for between inning screen

5) Play by Play Editor - access?
- will have to use it before I know. But seems like you would want to be able to jump to it from the main scoring page (perhaps via a misc button). vs going out to game manager, selecting the game, and then edit..

6) Yeah for “caster blaster” (posted elsewhere) I had not thought of reliving past games. And yes battery life implications are real

7) Suggest updating training video 1 and 2. with the new look too, not just the screen shots

THANKS

"Hurry Up Apple .... I Want my 2.0"
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:47 am

Just to clarify on #5 - Play by Play Editor. If you start your scoring from Game Editor (recommended way of doing it from v2.0 as you will see once Apple approves it), then to get back to Play by Play editor, you do not have to go to Game Manager, Select Game, then Edit... it is simply click Exit from scoring screen (which takes you back to the Game Editor for the current game), then click the Pitch by Pitch button. Total of two clicks. We believe it will be pretty quick/easy to get to the listing.

Good suggestion on the labeling of speckle charts. There are actually several things we want to do with the speckle chart, but just did not want to keep holding up the release.
Todd.Nelson

Post by Todd.Nelson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Are we going to be able to group games together after they've been played into leagues in version 2.0? Or will we have to assign the game to a league before it is scored?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

You can add/remove games from groups at any time... so you can create groups of "weekend games", "under the light" games, "favorite games"... whatever you want, and see statistics for all the games in any groups you like.
Hugeshocker

Post by Hugeshocker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Very awesome!