New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
danmcc

Re: New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

Post by danmcc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 pm

The red lines are batted out locations, green are batted safe locations, yellow are reached on error locations. Dashed lines are grounders, solid lines are line drives, arced lines are fly balls.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

The iScorecasts are now "LIVE". Links to iScorecasts will now all point to the new iScorecast by default.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rmiley44

Post by rmiley44 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 am

Wow...amazing. Looks great.
Danger

Post by Danger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 am

Just wanted to say that I used the new Scorecast live for the first time yesterday on my new iPhone (purchased specifically with iScore in mind) and that the results were outstanding. Thanks so much for the hard work that you guys put into getting this ready for the new season!

I wasn't sure how much the iPhone battery would drain using it in this manner. We got two five inning games in and drained the battery from 95% down to 22%. On my old iPod Touch I was getting about four games in without using the Scorecast so this is about what I would have expected using the 3G on the iPhone. Purchased a solar USB charger a few months ago and it charges the iPhone about 2-1/2 times so that gives me about six games per day during a tournament.

Great job by your entire staff getting all the little details right on this new format. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm thrilled with it!
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Is the audio for the iScoreCast working? I see a speaker button, but I have no sound and when I click on the speaker nothing happens. I've tried it on three different computers?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:57 pm

The audio works on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, but not on IE or iPhone/iPad devices. We have this on our list of things to update (although it will never work on Apple's mobile devices as they intentionally do not allow web pages to play sounds without user interaction).
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:46 pm

I keep track of three teams. (two were mine to start with and one I had transferred to me from the previous scorekeeper) Some of the old games (one of my teams and the tranferred team) show'd up on the new iscorecast some didn't (one of my existing teams), but even though all were done in softball mode the ones that did show up seem to only show up in the baseball mens' display. I tried resynching the games and for one team the game shows up as getting ready to play even though it has already been played. the good news is that game shows up in softball. For the other team (whose games did not show up at all before) the resynched games I did will show up a choice now but won't load the game to watch. Hope I explained this well enough. I suppose if I go back and delete all these games in one of the two admin websites and then try to resynch them that might work, but I'm afraid that I then have to go back and re-enter the game locations again. The other good news is I did a trial run for and it appears if I enter a new game in softball mode it will actually show up in softball mode, so I guess I'm ready for the upcoming high school season. It's just the old games that aren't working right.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Old games did not store "softball mode" in the right way to update the iScorecast with the fact that it was a softball game. To fix this for old games, open the game in Game Manager, tap Play to go to the main scoring screen, tap the button in the bottom right corner to bring up the options, Toggle it to Baseball mode and back to Softball mode, then exit out of the main scoring screen, and from the Game Info screen, do an "i-ScoreCast Synchronize" to re-send the game up to the iScorecast server. This should properly set the game to softball mode.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Ok, that seemed to work for two of the teams. I didn't know you had to go back to baseball and then to softball....Although now I notice that the uniform color changes whether the batter is right handed or left handed, but it does not change for home team or visiting team like it you'd expect to. Picky I know!

I still can't get my third team's game to load even though they now show up as choice. I have it there as a choice on scorecast once my customer ID is entered, but when I select that game then all that opens is the background and the field... in baseball mode still btw.

I know at one point with game location we had an issue with using an apostrophe in that team's name. Could that be an issue?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

An apostrophe could possibly be the issue. If you email us the link to the game that is not working to support@iscoresports.com, we can take a look and see what is going on.