New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:25 pm

No, we have not seen this. Does it give you a line number for the error? Do you have a scorecast with an example of it that you can email to us at support@iscoresports.com?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Danger

Post by Danger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

I've noticed that the pitching stats on the scorecast are slow to update the last out of an inning pitched.

Scenario:

Pitcher completes the top of the 1st.
She comes to bat in the bottom of the 1st and her pitching line says "0.67" IP.
She takes the mound in the top of the 2nd and it correctly says "1.00" IP.

This occurs after each inning. Batting in the bottom of the 6th, her IP says "5.67". It always seems to update to the full inning when the pitcher takes the mound for the NEXT inning.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 pm

We will check into this and get it fixed. Thank you for pointing it out.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 am

FTMSupport wrote:We have put up a fix for IE8. It does mean audio may not work on IE8 for now as the issue stemmed from low IE8 support for the AUDIO element, but the scorecast should work now.
I tried out the new iScorecast GUI on a "live" game to see how it compared to the old GUI. I created a new game and sat in front of the computer to watch what would happen. I had three browser windows open - 1 in IE8 with the new GUI, 1 in IE8 with the old GUI and one in Chrome with the new GUI.

Both the old GUI in IE8 and the new GUI in Chrome worked great. However the new GUI in IE8 hung up after the second batter in the first inning. I only tried this once, so I don't know if it is repeatable but I suspect that IE8 might be problimatic with the new HTML5 GUI.

-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 am

If you have a sample game that does not work with IE8, and can email us the URL of the game to support@iscoresports.com, we can take a look.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Still getting audio drops in Chrome. Most recently, top of first played with audio, then was quiet for remainder of game. Tried in IE9 and could not even get the audio to play - couldn't enable the speaker icon.

Also have gotten this error message a couple times while running on different computers (both using Chrome/Win 7):

Just an observation...Pitches look different in IE9 and Chrome:

IE9

Chrome

FWIW, I prefer the Chrome look with no lines :roll:

Thanks,
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 pm

The best way for us to troubleshoot an issue is actually if you can email us the URL to a game at support@iscoresports.com and let us know the browser/version/OS that you are seeing the issue with so we can reproduce it here. We will not be able to troubleshoot from screenshots. We are aware the lines are drawn on some browsers and not others... it relies on the support of the browser to do it, but we fail back gracefully to no lines when the browser does not support it.
tjans

Post by tjans » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 am

I tried this last night, and it's awesome. Adding custom skyline for a game is really a neat idea...my only issue was how fast the game flew by...it was hard to follow...is changing the speed of playback an option?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

tjans wrote:...my only issue was how fast the game flew by...it was hard to follow...is changing the speed of playback an option?
I have been thinking the same thing. I don't mind so much that it moves fast, but it does seem hard to follow, especially on outs and in-play situations.

Following balls and strikes is nice and easy. You get both a clear visual and simultaneous audio cue as to what happened (a red circle pops up and you hear "strike").

But if there is a hit, you don't get a visual (in the main screen) and the audio is more subtle, just some cheering.
When an out is made, I believe it says "out", but again, not much of a visual to go with it, the batter disappears for a second and then is replaced by another (that looks identical).

I think if the jersey colors were different for each team, this would also help too...another visual that tells me a new half inning just started.

When its moving so fast, without many pitches in between, its just difficult to take it all in.

I think it would be helpful to add some additional visuals to in-play and out events. Just adding the words "SINGLE", "WALK", "OUT", "END of INNING" across the strike zone when they occur would help. That's where your focus is as you are watching.

I admit, I haven't been able to listen to my full broadcasts because the audio drops early on, so I have had limited opportunity to fully experience it, but this has been my impression so far. And then watching the rest without any audio, makes it very difficult to follow whats happening. You see things moving and changing, but I'm not really absorbing what is happening.

If it were me, I would look at the ball/strike event and ask myself how can I make the other events just as easy to follow?

Thanks as always for listening...
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Assuming you are talking about a replay, I'm just surprised anyone would really watch a whole game on replay. Maybe if they had a way to step through each play if you want, or go fast or slow. Seems awfully boring though. I love it for when I am out of town I can keep up without bugging my wife. Or as a scorekeeper I like it because people don't hover over me asking me the score. But that's about it.