New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:23 am

@mprusak - thanks for the suggestions. When clicking a player name it is the player stats in the upper left that get updated for the player you click on. It also shows their player picture. The photos tab is for an upcoming enhancement that allows you to take in game photos and also assign photos to a game if you have a team website.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

mprusak wrote:
Jaskegreen wrote:FTM, just a thought, but would it be possible to add the ability to take an image of my own outfield skyline and upload it to our scorecast? Thought this might be a cool idea to personalize the experience for the viewer.

Cheers,
Jason
I had the same thought. See FTM, you keep raising the bar, and our demands just increase with it...:-)

I was also thinking it would be cool to have ability to use custom colors for the batter. Something as simple as base the jersey color on the team color, or as advanced as being able to set custom jersey, helmet, striping and pants colors as well as skin color by player.

A couple other observations having played with it over the past day...

In the pitch-by-pitch summary, would be nice if pitches were numbered to correspond to numbers on the pitch chart.

Clicking on player names does not appear to be doing anything. I do not get a player card when doing this.

What is the photos tab for in the pitch-by-pitch section?

perfect batting averages show as 1, not 1.000.

Its not completely obvious on how to replay a completed game. I can see being asked how to do this.

Sounds - what are event sounds? I can hear background sounds, but event seems to not make any change. I was expecting to hear crack of the bat for hits, and that sort of thing.

Thanks,
A couple more...(for now :-))
I think it would make sense to use the short name on the scoreboards (both the game select scoreboard when you first log in and the main scoreboard in the game screen).
I dont see any easy way to go from one game back to another...would be helpful to be able to access the game list again to select another game.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 am

1) using the same device ID, my list of available games to view is different on Old viewer (many more) than new viewer (fewer).. ? is there different process for how the list is populated to explain this? or a beta glitch.

old
http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecast/player.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

new
http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecas ... ecast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

2) I am to seeing female figures on old games scored as softball . am i missing something?

3) in replaying a couple games, background sound goes off unexpectedly, any reason or just internet connection related?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 am

1. The logic is slightly different... if the missing games are really old, an iscorecast synchronize for the game should make it appear in the new list

2. Old softball games did not have the Softball selection. If you go into the scoring screen for the games, go to Options, and set Softball mode, that should be enough to update them for the iscorecast. You may occassionally need to do an iscorecast synchronize after doing this, but should not be necessary

3. Replay mode still has a few sound issues. Live games should work correctly with the sounds (including the "event sounds"). If you find any issues in Live Games with sounds, it may have to do with the browser being used.. please let us know browser / OS if you find additional sound issues. fyi... sounds won't play on iOS devices. Apple has made it so sounds can not auto-play on web pages on their devices. More "apple control of the user experience" instead of letting developers control the experience.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 am

1- true. not all my games have completed "option data synchronize' (still a number in the queue), I should have left my iPad app on over night to catch up. . I will let the synchronization catch up and then see if new iscorecast list makes more sense then.

2) got it. (sorta). i went in to a previously scored game and flipped to softball and re synchronized and the on screen graphic flipped to female and looks GREAT. (also noticed the mound and infield changed - nice touch) . Will think about if/how i update historical score cast or not.

3) - sounds like the sounds are a work in process. understood.
Danger

Post by Danger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm

In reference to #2 of OhioTex's post, I thought I had originally set that months ago as Softball. But I, too, noticed that all the games are now marked as "Baseball". Am I crazy or did all the data get reset somehow or am I imagining that I had previously selected "Softball"?

Either way, is there an easy way to reset all my games to "Softball". I've got about 150 games and it's laborious (i.e. "boring") to go thru the routine for every game.

On a related note, as an Enhancement Request, how difficult would it be to have Baseball/Softball selected on a per-League basis rather than game-by-game. That way, if you miss label it for a 10-game tournament, a simple one-click change to that League would fix it rather than having to do all 10 games.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm

When the Softball mode was first introduced several versions ago, we were not storing it with the game settings - it was just a UI setting to know whether to show baseball or softball pitch types. Later we started saving it as a game setting know that we would be creating this new interface.

We do not have a quick way to apply "softball" to all of your games. Leagues would not work because games can exist in multiple leagues which may have conflicting settings.

Softball scorecasts work fine in baseball mode. We would suggest if it is too much to go back through all your games, just make sure you set the games to Softball on new games going forward.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Frank wrote:trying to view on IE 8 and not getting same response as iphone. All I see is the field. No UI or scoreboard. No game selection. No Customer ID.
I too am having probelms with IE8. All I see is the field, I don't see any place to enter my Customer ID. However on Chrome I am prompted for a Customer ID.

-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm

We have put up a fix for IE8. It does mean audio may not work on IE8 for now as the issue stemmed from low IE8 support for the AUDIO element, but the scorecast should work now.
Danger

Post by Danger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Ok, thanks. I was just checking on my sanity.

The leagues crossing over between baseball/softball is interesting. I can't think of a place where that would happen. I can see where the pitching distance might be different in different leagues. That's quite common in softball, especially in the 12U and 14U divisions. But who would want to mix baseball & softball? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Thanks again for this update. It looks great. I'm looking forward to using it live.