New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New Baseball / Softball iScorecast using HTML 5

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:35 pm

@Danger - the stats issue you reported should now be fixed.

@to those that commented - We intend to add a replay speed selector in a future update that will allow you to control the playback speed.

@mprusak - what browser are you using that is having audio drops? if you can let us know the browser name, version, and what OS you use, that would be helpful. We know IE8 and below do not support audio right now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Danger

Post by Danger » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Thank you so much! This thing is getting better and better.

Ok, next, can we enter in the players' height, weight, and hair color & length (just short, shoulder length, or long should work) and maybe skin tone so that the simulated batters can approximately match them?

I'm kidding, of course. This is great!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:42 pm

@mprusak -

like the inserted graphic picks. would live to see the whole line up.. .. lou gerig, johnny bench, cal jr, roger hornsby... who else?..
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 am

OT -

My test team is:

Photo # Last Name First Name Bats Throws Batting Position Notes Website
34 Ryan Nolan Right Right Yes Pitcher
5 Bench Johnny Right Right Yes Catcher
4 Gehrig Lou Left Left Yes First base
11 Hornsby Rogers Right Right Yes Second Base
8 Ripken Cal Right Right Yes Short Stop
20 Schmidt Mike Right Right Yes Third Base
44 Aaron Hank Right Right Yes Left Fielder
24 Mays Willie Right Right Yes Center Fielder
9 Williams Ted Left Right Yes Right Fielder
7 Mantle Mickey Both Right Yes
3 Ruth Babe Left Left Yes

Managed by, of all people, Mike Hargrove :shock:

And my 10U team, beats them every time :-)

Game link:
http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecas ... 13e326ec5a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...now quit distracting me from my nit-picking of the iscorecast player... :lol:
Last edited by mprusak on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:37 am

FTMSupport wrote:@Danger - the stats issue you reported should now be fixed.

@to those that commented - We intend to add a replay speed selector in a future update that will allow you to control the playback speed.

@mprusak - what browser are you using that is having audio drops? if you can let us know the browser name, version, and what OS you use, that would be helpful. We know IE8 and below do not support audio right now.

I did provide this a few posts back, but I primarily use Chrome (current) on Win 7. Have experienced audio drops with this configuration on two different machines. Sound usually drops fairly early (1st inning), however yesterday I made it to the 3rd inning before it dropped. Have been unable to make it thru an entire game with audio.

Noted that I tried on IE9 and cannot get any audio at all. I can't enable the speaker icon.

Also, can't enable sound on ipad using Safari or Atomic Browser.

This is the game I have been playing with:
http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecas ... 13e326ec5a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:16 am

We will experiment with Chrome on a Windows machine to see if we can determine the issue there.

We will likely be changing our sound code in an update soon to support IE better.

Apple does not allow sounds to automatically play from iOS devices, so it is unlikely sound will ever be supported in that environment.
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm

A friend of ours was watching the game on score cast a while back and they called someone at the ballpark and wanted them to yell something so they could hear it over the internet. Silly humans....
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 am

mprusak wrote:But if there is a hit, you don't get a visual (in the main screen) and the audio is more subtle, just some cheering.
When an out is made, I believe it says "out", but again, not much of a visual to go with it, the batter disappears for a second and then is replaced by another (that looks identical).

Thanks as always for listening...
How hard would it be to add a visual showing the path of a ball which goes in play? Perhaps you could make a 10x10 grid of the field and send the coordinate where the ball landed or was fielded along with the type of hit (grounder, line drive, pop-up) to the iScorecast server, then have that render a flight path graphic in the iScorecast viewer. You could use the same graphic and color that you use on the iscore display with dashed or solid red or green lines.

And thanks for listening.

-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:00 pm

The paths of the ball should be visible in the display of the field on the right hand side. If you are not seeing that, let us know what browser version you are using, and we can try and reproduce the issue.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 pm

FTMSupport wrote:The paths of the ball should be visible in the display of the field on the right hand side. If you are not seeing that, let us know what browser version you are using, and we can try and reproduce the issue.
Now that you mention it I do see that on hits (don't know how I missed that before), however I don't see the path when the ball is put into play but an out is made (caught or thrown out). Should the flight path be visible when an out is recorded as well as when a hit is recorded?

-phil