iScore Baseball v3.44 for iPad available today

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

iScore Baseball v3.44 for iPad available today

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 am

Apple approved Version 3.44 of iScore Baseball for iPad today. It includes the following updates:

✔ Introduction of TruMedia Analytics as an optional add on with subscription --- see http://www.trumedianetworks.com/scoring-applications/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information

✔ "Live Scorecard" - you can now pull in the scorecard from the right side of the screen and have it cover just the Play by Play, just the Pitch Location area, or both (flick the arrow up/down to move it). The scorecard updates in real time as scoring takes place

✔ Scorecard now distinguishes Earned vs Unearned runs. Unearned runs are shown with the center area faded (as opposed to the solid blue color)

✔ Courtesy Runner screen now shows last 2 outs. Can toggle between last Batter outs, or any last two outs to account for different rules

✔ Editing of Batting and Fielding Position right in the Roster or Lineup screens --- just tap that area of the listing to edit. Makes game time edits much faster

✔ Fixed rounding issue that would sometimes occur when selecting a date on the Game Info screen

✔ Fix for scorecard to show all players on very large rosters

✔ Added auto-synchronize (setting on Options screen). This will send your games up to iScore servers automatically when they are complete for backup / recovery. For those with Team Websites, also means you no longer need to Email the Scorecard in order for it to appear on the Team Website - will appear automatically

✔ Fixed a few small bugs related to memory and/or user input errors
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jcbeckman

Re: iScore Baseball v3.44 for iPad available today

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 pm

When, exactly, does the auto sync kick in? It's important to get the winning/losing/save pitchers added. Does it occur as soon as you hit "exit" from scoring the game or when you leave the game completely?
team mom

Post by team mom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks FTM!
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Any time a change is made that will change statistics, it will re-synch the data with the server. You can decide if you want it to never occur, occur only while connected to WiFi, or connected any time you have an internet connection (Edge/3G or WiFi). It occurs in the background, though there is a place in the UI under Options where you can see which games have already been synched with the server.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:54 pm

So are you saying it's syncing up during the game, sort of like an iScorecast? And changing the win/loss/save for the pitchers will trigger this as well? This will be *great*.

When I looked, it said *all* my games were in the sync queue.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:06 pm

It only synchronizes when the stats are recalculated for a game. This occurs when the game ends, when you make an edit (including changing winning/losing/save pitcher, modifying plays, modifying stats), or when you force a stat recalc.

More technically, any time the stats are updated, it marks the game as needing to be synched, and it will actually send the game to the server when it gets to that point in the queue of games that need updating. What triggers the process that does synching is a new game needing to be synchronized, or going to the "Title Screen" in iScore. These events will check if there are any games that need to be synchronized, and if your internet connection matches your setting on the Admin -> Synchronization screen for "WiFi Only" or "3G or Wifi", it will being to synchronize and continue running in the background until you exit iScore, or until there are no more games in your queue.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 pm

OK, thanks. That will be great - right now I make it a habit to do an export, but this will save bouncing out of the games area, exporting, then going back in for the next game. Thanks! Glad to see Apple finally got off their rear ends and posted this update.
wjcook53

Post by wjcook53 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I noticed that the scorecard has different colored text used to indicate how the offensive player moved around the bases. I could not find any information as to what the green or blue text means.

Of course, this could have been a previous update and was not part of version 3.44.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 pm

The colors should be Red = Out, Blue = Successful advancement around bases, and the text will be green. We do see that sometimes the advance to home is being shown with blue text instead of green - it looks like that is always happening when the runner has advanced from third to home on an error. There is no reason for this... we will change it to green for a future update.

The little purple letter next to home plate indicates the type of hit ball (G=Grounder, L=Line Drive, P=Popup, F=Fly Ball).
promark747

Post by promark747 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:50 am

I don't see the TruMedia Analytics option on my Add Ons screen...just the option to add 2011 MLB rosters. Is that where it should be available? I have updated to 3.44.241 on my iPad.