Price Change / PRO version announcement

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Price Change / PRO version announcement

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:19 am

This message originally appeared in response to a customer asking about whether there is a charge for upgrading to the new version for existing customers. As always, the answer is no. Upgrades for existing customers are always free.

However, instead of just being a response to a customer question, we thought it might be best to have a separate topic for this announcement as it is far reaching.

PRO version of iScore Baseball

We are just about ready to make a change we had originally envisioned long ago (and has been alluded to elsewhere in this forum). The existing version of iScore Baseball is going to become the "iScore Baseball Scorekeeper PRO" (all existing customers will automatically have the PRO version), and the price will be going up to $9.99 for new customers. We will also be announcing a new "iScore Baseball Scorekeeper" soon that is essentially the same as version 1.65 (the existing version) for new customers that are not interested in all the new functionality of version 2.0 (and beyond). This new version will continue to be priced at $4.99 as the current version is now.

Just to reiterate, existing customers will automatically have the PRO version at no additional cost, and updates will continue to be free for existing customers.

So... if you have friends/family that have been considering purchasing iScore Baseball, you may want to suggest they do so now before this price increase as it is an incredible value and will continue to get even better.

Why are we doing this?

Starting with version 2.0, we are providing unprecedented functionality in scoring software. Not only is iScore Baseball the best and easiest to use scoring software for the iPhone, it is now backed by additional server-side functionality that provides even more value to the iScore Community like being able to watch games live with iScorecast and sending "twittercast" game updates live during a game. You can keep separate Leagues on a single device (to see stats separately or combined for each league/season), you can edit games after the fact, you can (optionally) sign up for Major League rosters/stats/lineups, and the list goes on.

There will be some new customers that are more than happy with what we provided prior to version 2.0, and for them, we want to still offer that same value at the original $4.99 price. The standard version will still be a fully functional scoring application (as everyone in the iScore Community has been enjoying up to this point), and the PRO version will continue to expand and offer even more value as we continue to add even more features to what is already the best and most complete solution available for scoring baseball or softball on the iPhone.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Chapin3

Re: Price Change / PRO version announcement

Post by Chapin3 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm

I think you should charge $14.99-#19.99. Great program
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:52 pm

I am not sure how i missed this post till today, (darn that day job thing)... wanted to chime in and cast a vote in support of the FTM decision to create a pro and a lite version. Smart. Also a thank you for grandfathering in existing users (type of support we have come to expect from you folks - top shelf and appreciated).

I echo the user who also suggested $15 to 19.99 price point would still be a fair value for the pro version (version that includes web and server side additions ...twitter, gamecast, MLB rosters, leagues )

That said, I suggest a more refined breakout of what is in lite vs pro. I would like lite version to get some if not all of the "non server side" upgrades associated with 1.7/2.0. .. for example, 1.65 bug fixes/refinements, the undue / correction feature, improved substitution logic, updated user interface, DP/Flex player, fielding stats (basic), - (to name a few). These are things they have been suggested for a while and are not really server side related. and feel like basic refinements and features one could expect in a basic scoring app. Some of the more advance features like fielding stats (complete), pitch location (with type and speed), leagues, multiple emails, should also be in the lite version, as they are not server side related in my opinion.. .but one could make a reasonable argument they are more pro like features as they are more for a sophisticated user, could see them in the upgrade to pro..

Will need to be sure in marketing that the pro version does not unintentionally get equated to the "pros" aka MLB. the advance features are more about sophistication rather than scoring the Majors.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback... we will take these points into consideration as we continue down this path. The non-PRO version will still be enhanced over time, but the majority of our effort going forward will be focused on the PRO version. And yes, we do have to be careful that it is not confused with MLB.

There is still time for new users to purchase the current version and be upgraded to PRO for free when we make the change... so if anyone is on the fence on whether to buy now or later, now would be the time.
brianpilon

Post by brianpilon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

I would also agree that the price could be higher for what you offer. $15-$20 is still a great price for the program. My only concern would be that K-Force is $9.99 and people may opt for that one if the price was $20. I personally love Iscore and use it at every game my daughters play. K-force is more complex and alot harder to use. Once I get the update 2.0 I will enjoy it alot more for it offers Tie Breaker and a way to correct errors which is needed. The extra items like league play and live feeds is just a bonus which I will use. Once people use iscore they will not use any other program. Color score sheets, data sheets. Just a great program. My only issue which may be corrected in 2.0 is a way to look at the score card fast while scoring. I know while I score I am also coaching so when other coaches ask who made the last out, or what happen last inning with a certain player it takes a little while to get to the score card to see. Sometimes a pain when your trying to coach. Not an issue that would make me stop using Iscore, but an issue that I come across often. Other then that I really can not think of any other issues other then a timer. Until you add that I am fine using a stop watch. As for making Pro $9.99 I think you will show its not about the money its about the users which is very impressive. Keep up the hard work and THANK YOU for listening to your users and making the improvements so fast to make it even better. I am looking forward to your team website project in the future and only hope its out before I renew my eteamz in 6 months.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Version 2.0 actually DOES address the speed of looking at the scorecard. When in the scoring view in 2.0, if you bring up the scorecard, it now brings it up very fast. You should be able to bring it up between plays/innings with no speed issues at all.

We have the timer on our list for future enhancements as well... we have left it as a lower priority since the clock on the phone is always available while scoring, but enough people have asked for it that we will likely be putting it into an upcoming release.

Thank you.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 am

.... add on comment.... agree! brianpilon, great point to keep an eye on competition in the pricing decision.. (e.g k force at $9.99 for ipod app- since they reduced their price, more, ~50$ for pocket PC). But I would add, as i understand it the $10 itunes app for k force is their "lite 'personal use' version" . add Another ~$50 for PC software to get the stats on your pc. Plus more $$ to get to their real time scoring and integrated league solutions. there is value in them marketplace for that solution but IMHO iscore has a different niche and can provide great marketplace value with the proposed lite version below 10$ and a pro version at or even above that... again, great point brianpilon

on the more pressing front...
... "hurry up apple.. I want my 2.0" ...
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
mattbat

Post by mattbat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 am

Any day now, apple.... :!:
Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 am

It's still a bargain at 9.99. I have been showing it around the ball field and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Keep up the good work! And make sure you make enough money to stay in business!
brianpilon

Post by brianpilon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 pm

I agree the price could be much higher. I personally buy all the scoring programs just to compare. Iscore is way above the others. No questions there. Once the update comes out I will be very happy especially with the speed issue with the score card. I use this app all the time. Really every issue I had the fixed. Well 2.0 will. Adding a timer will really make it perfect. For k-force I never liked it. Much harder to use. Yes you can by a computer version to work at home but you can make corrections on your iPhone. Not sure if u can do live feeds with it. I personnally like iscore better. Plus the support is in a league of there own.