VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Yes, it is finally here. This has been a long time coming, and is by far our biggest update to iScore Baseball since the initial launch. We have renamed the release Version 2.0 to reflect the fact that it is a major upgrade from previous versions.

In addition to all the new features already announced here:
We have also added the following features:
  • Fielding Statistics - Putouts, Assists, Errors, Stolen Base Attempts, Caught Stealing, Double Plays, Triple Plays, Passed Balls, Pickoff Attempts, Pickoffs, Fielding Percentage
  • Team Pitching Stats - See how your TEAM is doing as a pitching staff as opposed to only individual players
  • Baseball Cards - See a "baseball card" of each of your players that shows individual stats for all games played (or filter to specific leagues).
  • Quick Scorecard - "In-game" scorecard now comes up super-fast so it is easy to review during play.
  • Improved Pitch Tracking - Much easier interface to track pitch types (fast ball, curve ball, etc) and pitch speed. Actually see the pitch types color-coded on the speckle chart.
  • Improved Substitutions - Updated substitution screen to make it more intuitive, and in line with a "score what you see" approach to scoring. As a spectator scoring a game, you can't always know what is in the coach's head (is it a double switch? or a simple pinch hitter?) - now you don't have to. Make offensive or defensive changes as you see them, and the scorecard will reconcile those changes for you.
  • In-game Box Score - See full inning by inning box score right in the scoring screen.
  • Win/Loss/Save Tracking - Track wins, losses, and saves for pitchers.
  • Intentional Balls - Track intentional balls thrown by pitchers
And even more! - We have taken many customer requests and turned them into features of the product - thank you to everybody that has offered suggestions and criticisms that help us continually improve iScore Baseball.

We are very excited about this release, and think the iScore Community will be too.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
EagleDad

Re: VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

Post by EagleDad » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:20 am

I must say you guys are awesome! Let's just pray apple doesn't drag their feet again
:lol:

EagleDad
Webertiger

Post by Webertiger » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 am

Sounds great. Can't wait to put it all to use.

Could we see a screen shot of the baseball card feature (or anthing else) to tide us over?
Last edited by Webertiger on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcbaseball

Post by dcbaseball » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:06 am

I love iScore. Best scoring product out there for baseball. You guys should do one for Basketball.
We have a big state tournament this weekend and was hoping the 2.0 version would be available for it. Do you know how long it will be before Apple puts it in the App Store?

THANKS!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:29 am

Approval from Apple generally takes about 7 days
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mattbat

Post by mattbat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am

Thank you!!!!!!! We have a big regional tournament in Wisconsin (thats pretty far from Louisville, ky. as you could imagine)...i was hoping it would come out in time...There are also a few parents who are not coming for the first few days so thats where iscorecast and twittercast come in handy!!!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:46 am

Great news to hear that basic Fielding Stats did make into this release -despite previous warnings it may not. very excited .
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
Jcmoney1010

Post by Jcmoney1010 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Mattbat, What part of wisconsin is your regional tournament? I too live in louisville, ky and when i was 13 my babe ruth team played our regional tournament in Menomonee WI.
mattbat

Post by mattbat » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:58 pm

well it's actually my sister's 10u babe ruth softball team...its in Wisconsin rapids...central part of the state
shetty

Post by shetty » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:51 am

when i purchase the newer version, will i be able to download my data from my previous version? or will it just upgrade the version i have and leave the data intact? Also, will the previous games I scored be able to give me the defensive info?