VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
brentwalker

Re: VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

Post by brentwalker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 am

Here is some correspondence I received after submitting a support request in the App Store. I would encourage you all to file your own support request. It reads from the bottom up with the most recent conversation at the top.

On Aug 23, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Brent Walker wrote:

Thanks Arrin for the reply. I have been in close contact with the iscore software development team. The only information is they have is that they submitted the application for AppStore approval on 7/15 and have been waiting since that time to see it become available as an update. I spend regular time in their forums and there are many people waiting on this application to receive Apple approval. The FasterThanMonkeys team is not aware of any reason why this app should be delayed for as long as it has.

Please escalate this to the next level of support. I have my son's baseball league starting up and I want to be able to leverage the new features that will become available with the 2.0 version.

Thanks,
Brent Walker

On Aug 23, 2009, at 1:36 PM, iTunes Store wrote:

Hello Brent,

My name is Arrin and I want to thank you for contacting iTunes Customer Support. I see from your email that you are interested in knowing when the 2.0 version of "iScore Baseball Scorekeeper" will be approved. I can imagine that you are anxious for this update and would be happy to see what information I can locate for you.

After seeking higher assistance, I regret to inform you that with the devices available to me, I do not have a way of knowing the status for the update. This information is something that is kept between the Developer of the application and our approval team.

I would recommend that you contact the developer to see what information they have been made aware of and if they have any additional new to share with you. I have included their support link below:

http://iscore.freeforums.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Thank you for your understanding, Brent. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply back to this email. The iTunes Store wants to ensure that your experience with us is as enjoyable as possible. Have yourself a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Arrin
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Sun to Mon 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Wed 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Thurs to Fri 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Initial Message
==========================================================================
Customer First Name : Brent
Customer Last Name : Walker
email : brent@walkerzone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Web Order # :
Support Subject : App Store
Sub Issue : Downloading and updating Applications
See additional info below
OS version: Mac OS X 10.5
iTunes version: iTunes 8.0
iTunes account name: itunes@walkerzone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Specific request: I have another App Store related question (explain below)
Device: iPhone
Item title: iScore
Details:
What are the details, including any error messages, related to your question?

Why is it taking so long to approve the latest version of iScore from fasterthanmonkeys? This is not a v1.0 version but an update to an already approved application. The update was submitted to Apple 7/15.

the frustrating part is that other apps continue to be approved by apple like "farting" applications and other trivial apps.

this application is so useful that it should be a reference application of how powerful the iphone/itouch can be through the sdk. FasterThanMonkeys has done a great job of demonstrating how powerful and useful the iPhone can be.

Please, please approve the 2.0 version ASAP.

Thanks,
Brent Walker

TrackID: 8330947
Last edited by brentwalker on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:13 am

That's great that you actually got something more than just a canned response... it is encouraging to see that sometimes they do give personal responses as well.

We still have not received word on approval, but do know they have been actively testing (based on server logs)... so hopefully it will be soon.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:36 pm

brentwalker - thanks for shareing your story. As I am outside the free 90 day apple care support and have opted to not pay for extended coverage. All i get is canned response. But anyone who has apple care that can ping them, please please do

FTM - good to hear the server getting pinged again. Crossing my fingers, and buring my candles at night. hoping tomorrow will be the day..
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:15 pm

FTMSupport wrote:...but do know they have been actively testing (based on server logs)... so hopefully it will be soon.

Suddenly my hopes are up again..... and my anxiety too :lol:
Webertiger

Post by Webertiger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah, they've been actively testing...

...at their sons and daughters little league games. Come on, Apple!
mhuntoon

Post by mhuntoon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:34 pm

is this active testing on their part new or has it been going on for awhile? If new, I'm suddenly optimistic. If they've been testing it for awhile, I don't know what to think.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:23 pm

mhuntoon wrote:is this active testing on their part new or has it been going on for awhile? If new, I'm suddenly optimistic. If they've been testing it for awhile, I don't know what to think.
As I recall, they have tested, stopped, asked FTM for a new binary, silence for a while, and now testing again. I could be wrong, but that is what I inferred.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm

jdonato has it right... they did some testing a couple weeks back, but there was no activity for over a week. Now they did some testing over the last couple days. We were hopeful approval would come over the weekend, but no such luck yet.
Kylerjai

Post by Kylerjai » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm

My high school team just played their first game today and I would have loved to gamecast for the parents who couldn't be there. Unfortunate but optimistic. Next game is Wednesday.
mhuntoon

Post by mhuntoon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 pm

We have signups for Fall baseball this week and player evals the following week with the draft being held on September 3. I'm hoping that by the time the games start, this update will not only have been approved but that I'll have had a chance to play with it a bit to test out all the upgraded goodness : )