VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
ramram

Re: VERSION 2.0 SUBMITTED TO APPLE TODAY!

Post by ramram » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 am

Personally, I think they lost the submission...

Ok, maybe it's due to the size of this version. I dunno. Hopefully it will be approved by the 2010 season.

In any case, way to go iscore team - what a great product and team!!
scottr

Post by scottr » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:45 pm

If I were FasterThanMonkeys I would be upset because of all the lost revenue they are losing each day that Apple waits to approve iScore 2.0. With the price change they are losing money each time someone purchases the 1.65 version.

Also Apple controls the development to market time... that would be upsetting as a company and as a consumer.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:53 pm

If i recall last May when there was an elongated Apple delay on 1.6, they sent a rejection note explaining some 'points of concern' (e.g.,. import/export server notice, gamecast toggle..). Once you responded to those and clarified, things moved quickly.

I realize 2.0 is a much bigger update.. but have they reached out with any concern points on 2.0 since you initially submitted on the 15th? if so when, if not have they just gone totally silent?

also, glad to know they have released apps on the weekend before.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm

They have not sent a "rejection" for any reason this time around. We know they tested on the 26th and 27th (there were hits on our new servers that would only come from them or us, and it wasn't us), and on the 30th asked us to re-upload the binary again (we don't know why), and they said "We apologize for any inconvenience. Reply to the email once the binary has been uploaded, and we will expedite your review." We re-uploaded within 20 minutes of receiving that email, so hopefully the "expedite your review" truly means they will expedite. I guess the term is relative... if we were expediting something, it would be done nearly immediately.

Anyway, keeping our fingers crossed the approval will happen any day now.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:15 pm

sounds positive. here's hoping it gets approved soon.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:29 am

I am a "Novice", when it comes to scoring baseball, or even knowing much about baseball... period. What an Application! This is simplifying my needs AND helping me to understand "Scoring a Baseball Game"! Way to go iScore. I guess Apple is NOT "Faster than Monkeys"! Hoping update comes out soon.
Ed C.

Post by Ed C. » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 am

The hardest part about waiting for the update is seeing all the crappy little junky nothing apps that do get approved, especially the apps that are essentially 20 copies of the same junk app with a slightly different settings. C'mon Apple, get serious here!
Rhinorobbo

Post by Rhinorobbo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Yes, agree this release is taking forever to be approved by Apple.

Did a seacrh on web and came up with a great post on a blog as follows ....

Dear Steve, Please Fix the App Store Approval Process
July 28th, 2009 by Jeff Scott by Jeff Scott
http://bit.ly/uA6qO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

SOmething has to be done to speed up the process.... maybe the developers can gang up but who is bigger ... developers or Apple
jaybird1452

Post by jaybird1452 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:06 pm

WOW! This will be amazing. Maybe you guys better start submitting your next update so its approved by the end of baseball and softball season.
heroes

Post by heroes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm

hmmm....
tomorrow would make it three weeks of waiting...
seems unusual, no?