iScore v1.70 - Features being included

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

iScore v1.70 - Features being included

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm

We are still in the process of finishing up the v1.70 release (which we may rename v2.0 because it is jam packed with new features), but we wanted to give everyone an idea of what is coming. We do not have a release date yet, but are getting closer every day. Here is a sampling of some of the top features we are including:

• Game Editor - The ability to go back and modify plays that were previously scored (change hits to errors, errors to hits, correct who fielded balls, lineup corrections, etc).
  • Leagues - The ability to assign players / games / teams to one or more "leagues". A league is a logical grouping, and allows you to see stats just within the leagues you have active. Is your team playing a weekend tournament? Create a league and see the stats for just that tournament. Is it playoff time? Create a league. Allowing more than one league allows you to see "all time" stats for your team / players as well as stats just in certain leagues if you want.
  • iScorecast - (pronounced "i-Scorecast") The ability for people to "watch" games you are scoring in real time over the internet. Friends, family, others in the iScore community - they can all be allowed to view your games with any browser over the internet as it unfolds. You control when a game is going to be viewable, and whether it is open to anyone or requires a password to view. Will have pitch by pitch detail of the entire game. Next best thing to being there live...
  • "Twittercast" - Send "tweets" via your own twitter account (or create one for your team), and allow others to follow your games just by becoming a follower of your Twitter account. You determine how often updates should be sent out (play by play, half inning, inning, etc). Allows people to follow along from any cell phone via SMS, etc.
  • MLB Rosters - Get daily updates with the latest MLB rosters for teams you want to score. Keeps you up to date with daily roster changes and saves you the time of having to input MLB rosters into the iPhone. (NOTE: This optional service will likely require a small subscription fee to cover our costs for getting this information).
  • Quick Roster - When facing an unknown opponent, the ability to quickly generate a lineup for the team that can be filled in as the game progresses
  • DP/Flex - Rule common to softball and high school baseball where a DH can bat for any defensive player.
  • International Tie Breaker - The ability to score games using the international tie breaker rule.
  • Courtesy Runners - Ability to use courtesy runners for players (as opposed to only pinch runners like we have now).
  • Strikes looking vs Swinging - Not just for strikeouts any more. You can record swinging vs looking on every pitch, and it will be reflected in the scorecard as well.
  • Huge Graphics Makeover - Getting the "old school" baseball look across the entire application.
  • and Much More - the complete list will come out when we post to Apple, but the above items are some of the highlights that we think many of our users have been waiting for.

We are hard at work on this release, and we believe these features are going to continue keeping iScore Baseball as the #1 baseball scorekeeping application for the iPhone.

Thank you again to the whole iScore community for your support and ideas on how to continue improving the product.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
suttio

Re: iScore v1.70 - Features being included

Post by suttio » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Great! We are looking forward to it. I am really looking forward to quick roster (and everything else) I understand why you may go 2.0 with this release. It looks awesome. Keep up the great work.
AngelFan

Post by AngelFan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:23 am

I have a subscription with MLBSTATS

MLBStats Subscription you will receive professional statistics for one full calendar year from the date of purchase.

$59.95 a year

It has a roster that is updated daily, that I load right into Scorepad. All the paler stats are in the scoring application.. Really cool. When they are on base it shows their success rate 10-12 on steals.. etc.

If you guys could interface with this that would be outstanding.. But at least getting rosters is a great step in the right direction.. Also filling out roster as game happens is a great update.. Good Job!

2.0 sounds great.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 pm

thanks for the update. We appreciate all the monkey work going on to 1.7 / 2.0 to market. Still hopeing some basic defense notes on hits will get captured, but looks like it will not make this release.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
heroes

Post by heroes » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Also, Keeping stats for one team through multiple scorers(iphones) didn't make it or this update huh?

I think you mentioned that we could export the data from one iphone and another iphone can import the data? Maybe we could at least do that?

below is one of the threads I started a while ago hoping to get the feature like this

. Keeping stats for one team through multiple scorers(iphones) ----- sorry about the repeated mention but since you have an export and import option already to upload the data to the webspace already, if another iphone can import the same data, that'll do the job isn't it? Maybe users create the user and password or something so only people on the same team can import the data from another phone?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:52 pm

The ability to transfer complete databases may still be included. You will not be able to pick and choose individual games to share, but the entire database being transferred is a possibility.

In fact, we can do (and have done) this for customers now manually.
deanhoyt

Post by deanhoyt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 am

Hopefully this is in the "and Much More" section, but is there a summary break between half innings. Even if it is a list of upcoming batters, summary of the half inning that just ended (pitches, hits, runs, errors, etc).

There is no visible break in the action in the application.

I really can't wait for this release because of so much that is included.
Especially being able to correct my mistakes. ;)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 am

We have a new "summary section" at the top of the display where this type of information will be available at any time. We won't need to actually have a break in the action for you to be able to quickly see this info.
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:56 am

oh, I hope it is ready soon. We are heading to Cooperstown NY to the Dreampark and I'd love to have the new version to use!!
Chapin3

Post by Chapin3 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 am

Hurry, Little League All star tournys and TOC games are coming in over the next ten days