iScore v1.65 is now Approved by Apple!

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

iScore v1.65 is now Approved by Apple!

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 pm

iScore v1.65 is now Approved in the App Store.

We are hard at work on version 1.70, and will announce here when it is released.

Please be sure and update your reviews so they reflect the latest version and other users can benefit from the great feedback.

Thank you!
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bsweetser

Re: iScore v1.65 is now Approved by Apple!

Post by bsweetser » Tue May 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Just downloaded to give it a quick look. It looks nice so far, but I have a couple quick comments:

-I changed the date and time on a game that I entered after it had taken place. Because most games (though not all, I will admit) finish on the same date they begin, can you automatically update the finish date to match the entered start date?

-After I changed the date and time, the game was not resorted into the appropriate chronological order.

-Pitch by Pitch (currently labeled Play by Play) is going to be really nice. It is a bit much to look at right now, though. Taking a page from the MLB app, how about keeping just a single Play by Play option and expanding out the at bat when it is tapped to see each pitch (also allowing for editing). I will throw out the comment I had previously: if I'm not tracking pitch location, the amount of space used for each pitch can drastically be reduced.

I look forward to using the update to score a game Friday night.

Thanks!
ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 26, 2009 8:00 pm

After changing the date, it does not resort the list while you are still in the app, but once you exit out and go back in, the list will be resorted.

For the end date... if you have not entered an end date, it will default to the start date... but if you already have an end date, the picker defaults to the current end date. Maybe we can make it so if you change the start date, it will clear the end date, and then when you reselect the end date, it will default based on the start date. Make sense?

For the Pitch by Pitch, as said in the release notes, we included it as a bonus since we were doing the interim release. It is changing in several ways for the 1.70 release. Any enhancement requests are welcome.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Wed May 27, 2009 11:25 am

FTMSupport wrote:For the Pitch by Pitch, as said in the release notes, we included it as a bonus since we were doing the interim release. It is changing in several ways for the 1.70 release. Any enhancement requests are welcome.
Well, since you ask... :D

I know we are not seeing the final product, but here goes my comments and suggestions from what I see in this version of the Play by Play/Pitch by Pitch. Feel free to ignore what you are already working on or fixed...

1. Option to select between Play by Play and Pitch by Pitch. This could be implemented in a really nice way, like ben implies, just tap on the play to see the expanded pitch by pitch.

2. FIX: In the first play it says: "Game Starts. Substitution." (huh?)

3. There is no way to know who is batting, until this batter makes a play. There should be a way to know when an at bat begins, who is batting and who is pitching (which I believe you are already working on)

4. LOVE the way the outs appear in red, BUT last out of an half inning appears as a red 0. It should mark "3". Also, last out of the inning changes the inning number to the next inning (last out of bottom half of the second inning is marked as ("3") third inning, in red)

5. Visual mark between half innings. Right now there is no visual indicator to know, on the fly (without much reading or interpreting) when a half inning ends and the other begins.

6. Love the all caps DOUBLE PLAY! (it even adds excitement :) ). It would be nice to add who was the other out.

7. On long descriptions, the play is abbreviated with ellipsis (...). There is no way to read the rest of the play.

8. "Substitution" all over the place. Would be nice to know who is involved and why.

All in all, the best and most used app in my iPhone, and as I've said before, getting better all the time...

Thanks for your work!
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I guess we are just going to build on each others' comments. :) As jdonato says, you may already be working on some of these, but you did open the can of worms asking for feedback. :)

I just looked at a past game that I entered today. The scorecard correctly displays Alfonso Soriano as the leadoff batter, but the Play by Play starts off with "Ryan Freel hits a Homerun!." (yes, it has both the ! and the . )

The names of the players are in the app. Can the fielding players be identified in the text also? (i.e. Milton Bradley grounds out to second baseman Rickie Weeks). The text seems to be a work in progress. I'd be happy to provide feedback/assist with the wording.

I noticed the "Game starts. Substitution." too, but thought it may have just been the game I was viewing. It does appear to be all games. I agree with jd's other feedback on breaking up halves of the inning and seeing all the detail when there is too much happening on a play. Perhaps a bar at the top that allows you to select the inning to view (right now it can take a *lot* of scrolling to get to a particular point in the game)

Thanks!
ben
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 am

Thought I had done something to cause the "substitution" (I only looked at one game).