IMPORTANT MESSAGE for users upgrading from 1.0.54 to 1.01.06

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

IMPORTANT MESSAGE for users upgrading from 1.0.54 to 1.01.06

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:35 pm

After installing the new version of the software, you must perform the following steps to upgrade your database to the format for the new version of the software:

1. From the iScore Main Menu, click the Options button, then click Export. It will ask you to "Confirm Export". Click "OK".

2. Wait for the export to complete. You will see your "network activity" indicator on your device going in the upper left corner. When export is complete, you will see a "Successful" message. If you do not get a "Successful" message, please make sure you are connected to the internet (iPhone users should always be connected, iTouch users will need to connect with their WiFi). Once connected, try again. If you still have trouble, please contact us directly. Once you do get the "Successful" message, click "OK".

3. After export is completed successfully, now click the "Import" button from the same Options screen. It will ask you to "Confirm Import". Click the "OK" button. Again, the network activity will come on, and after some time, you will get a "Success" message.

4. Click OK on this Success message, and the application will exit iScore.

5. Go back in to iScore, and you should be able to see all your existing data, along with all the new pitching stats, etc... that are available with this release.

Why did this have to be done? The database format was changed slightly from version 1.0.54 to version 1.01.06, and the Export->Import process will update your database to support this new format.

New users will have the new database format on their device automatically. If you don't care about your old data, you could also just remove the application from your device, and reinstall the application to start with a fresh database, and things would function just fine.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Linkenhoker6

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE for users upgrading from 1.0.54 to 1.01.06

Post by Linkenhoker6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 pm

If i delete the application, will it charge me 4.99 again?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:25 pm

No... iTunes keeps a record of the fact that you bought the application. When you click to download, it will say you have already purchased the application and will ask if you want to download the app again.

This is true of any application you buy from the App Store.

Thank you.
bhowe

Post by bhowe » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:35 pm

It would be nice if the above fix worked for all users.. have reloaded the app twice and it is still crashing when starting a new game.. I have deleted the app and reloaded it to my iphone... I have downloaded the app again and reloaded the app.. it still crashes :evil: to say I am pissed would be an understatement. Nothing like taking the time to enter the lineups and not be able to use the app. How about some real help! And yes, I did follow the instructions on the app upgrade. It would be nice to have this working before the little league season is completely over.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:38 pm

If you contact us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, we can step through whatever the issue may be for you.

What version of the iPhone Operating System do you have on your phone? We have had a couple users that were using 2.0, and experienced the same issue, but once they upgraded, things worked fine.

When you connect to iTunes, does it ask if you want to upgrade your Operating System?
budgeobear

Post by budgeobear » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Same Here! I take an hour to put in the line ups before I go to a pro baseball game and when I get there It doesn't work. :evil: :evil: :evil: Maybe next time you guys make and app make sure it really works you know so people can use it. just a thought!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!:
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:41 pm

We have tested on a variety of hardware, and have never had a problem. Apple also tests all apps before approving it for sales in the App Store.

There is likely an easy explanation (version of Operating System is the first that comes to mind), and if you will contact us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, we will be happy to work with you to get it working. We will even call you directly or give you a number to call us.

Thank you.