League Edition

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
Paulchristie

Re: League Edition

Post by Paulchristie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

This is what we need! lets get this done asap my league is starting next week

Thank you!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Paulchristie -

no specific date has been announced by FTM for league director version...

the league software will provide a lot of value at the reported price, but it will only be as valuable as the game by game scoring.
to me a critical hurdle to success is the logistics, time and effort to get a quality person (knows how to score and how to use iscore) and the equipment (device and iscore) at every game. You will need to score every game in the league to have complete league stats.. depending on the size of the league, that may take a significant amount of preparation.

you may want to go ahead and start by scoring every game. then when the 'league director' version is available you can export to it past games.

Let me add, while waiting on the league version, if you have overcome the logistics of scoring every game, not ideal but as a stop gap you can email your stats after every game and combine in excel and post to interim web site. will be easier and more robust with the director, but that is an option if you have the base effort of each game scored.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 am

A couple questions regarding the league version.

1 Now that games can be scored with multiple products i.e. Itouch, android, etc. will any version of the app be able to upload a game to the league website? Can an android scored game and an ipad scored game populate the same website or will the device be pure to either product?

2 And of course the obvious question of about when might it be available? My son will play in a High School metro league this summer and the league product would suit the teams perfectly.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:24 am

Any device can be used to score the games for Leagues.

We are shooting to have the League Websites available in the next week or so, but it depends on how our testing goes, so if a week goes by, please don't start saying "you said a week and now it has been 9 days". :) We know you would not do that danmcc, but for others reading this thread that don't know how we typically operate, we wanted to put that out there.

Just giving the timeframe as an approximate because we know several people are waiting.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:37 am

Great news, thanks for all you do for the Iscore community.

Dan
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Bump on this post, any news? We may be playing in a league this summer vs a travel team, not sure yet but if so the league version would be helpful. Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

We have quite a few people running leagues at this point. We are setting them up by request at this point. We can certainly set up a league site for you danmcc --- just send us an email at support@iscorecentral.com letting us know the name of the league and a bit about how it will be scored (how many devices, how many teams, etc).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
HolyRomanEmperor

Post by HolyRomanEmperor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:26 pm

First time poster here - new to the forums. I just purchased the iScore app, and I LOVE it!

I've been reading this thread about the league manager and league/team website, and it has me very intrigued. Let me explain my situation, an dwhat I would like to do with the app, and perhaps you can tell me what my best options are with your products.

I am in a sort of fantasy baseball league. It is actually more of a baseball sim (it is called Dynasty League Baseball if you've ever played it), where you simulate games by rolling dice and referencing numbers on player cards to determine the results of the at bat, etc. We run our league fairly close to how the "real" MLB league is run - we have a certain amount of money, we bid on players and sign them to contracts of various lengths, we allow trades, etc. And of course we have a schedule and play games.

So I am planning on using your iScore app to score our league games. I think this will be as fast as scoring with paper and pencil, with the added benefit of having all the stats automatically compiled for us. The concept of the league/team websites is complelling as well. I would love the ability to upload the game results after each game, and have somethign that automatically calculates our leaderboards, league standings, and so forth.

Our league is small - just 4 teams. We play 54 game shcedules each "season", and like I said we do play multiple consecutive seasons and have contracted players who carry over from year to year, as well as bidding on and signing free agents each year.

So can you make any reccomendations to me of how your product(s) can best be used to suit our needs? Are there any additional products or pieces you think might be of interest to me?

Thank you for your time and help, and thanks for a great product!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 pm

although not how it was conceived, i think the beta league product may be up your ally. would need to purchase at least one team site ($20/yr) not sure if more $$ or not for the league (FTM will need to weigh in, or better yet send them a direct email).
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:59 pm

But just so you know, iScore *is* perfect for scoring your type of league. I play APBA Baseball - similar to Dynasty League Baseball based on your description - and use iScore to score all my games. I then email the stats to myself and use them to calculate standings, leaderboards, etc. I have a friend doing the same via paper and pencil, and it takes him a lot longer to compile far fewer stats than I have available.